Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help need it identifying this "Aixiz" driver

So this is what LPF has become :undecided: Although, sometimes our real life stresses can show in our online personalities. Don't hold it against us, CDesigns. LL is usually much more agreeable, and we don't usually start trashing a thread with gifs and pictures until the thread has run its course.

Last edited:

Thread more than ran its course. Apparently the only person here who can give advice to CDesigns is Jordan. Since he only wants to talk to Jordan, he can send him a PM to discuss. He wont take advice from anyone else and when we try, its considered a troll. I mean as you said, I am more than agreeable and helpful. Heck at least 2500 of my posts have been giving advice and helping people out, new and old.

When someone constantly says I am a troll when I was trying to help, well heck, I will give him what he asked for :beer: People get jealous when they see me trolling

IMG_0315+chesapeake+boat+fishing.jpg

I have received help from other people via PM about this post, so thanks.

As for the LivinLoud.....Mehh. I don't like to feed trolls.

Now who is the troll? if you are not helping get the F out of my post.

Been registered for 7 years doesn't mean I have to know everything about lasers, I registered to this site not to build lasers was more for to get information on some LED flashlights and some laser inf.o I saw the other test load diagrams/posts after DTR made his post but they use other types of diodes, I have different diodes bigger ones in hand and my question was directly to DTR to see if those diodes work for my test load.

Feel free to stay in the post trolling I could care less.

From Wikipedia :)

"Trolling"
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

You are 23 so it figures, it's not your fault

Your first reply:
Smh.....those are diodes. He asked about a test load. Not even remotely the same thing.
A DIODE IS CONSIDERED A LOAD, MAYBE NOT THE SAME LOAD DTR WAS REFERRING TO.

Edit: ill put it as simple as possible and if you dont understand this then you shouldnt own a laser. We cant tell you if that driver will work for your diode since we dont know the current supplied by it. YOU need to test that with a test load.
SINCE WHEN I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT or OWN A TEST LOAD TO OWN A LASER????

Drivers look the same but one could be a 1.8A and another could be 578mA
CORRECT THAT'S WHY I ASKED IF ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT MY PARTICULAR DRIVER.

Your second reply:
Pretty sure this is a major troll Jordan. I mean he has been a member for almost 7 years and he doesn't know that every driver is set differently? Yeah okay Keith Urban
YOU CALLED ME A TROLL, WHY? JUST BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN REGISTERED FOR 7 YEARS DOESN'T MEAN I'M HERE 24/7, LASERS ARE NOT THE ONLY SECTIONS AVAILABLE ON THIS FORUM.

Your thrid reply:
Holy quad post batman! Havr you heard of a search bar? There are plenty of different test load diagrams on this site
ONCE AGAIN NO HELP JUST MORE TROLLING.....I SEARCHED THE FORUMS AND DIDN'T FIND INFORMATION ABOUT THE + or - OF USING LARGER DIODES FOR TESTING, THAT'S WHY I ASKED DTR IF MY DIODES WORK.

For me DTR has helped me very quickly, you are just arrogant and a troll.

Lol, I got a life and a business to run, time is money, I need it information on the pictured Driver the fastest way possible..........someone looking at the picture and letting me know if they have seen it before SIMPLE AS THAT........ DTR provided the diagram to test the output which is great to have, you in the other hand are a TROLL. I forgot that I need it a Ph.D in Electronics to ask questions in here lol.

My main language is Spanish, so yeah my English is not perfect, anyway I have better things to do right now. THANKS DTR for the help.

I have received help from other people via PM about this post, so thanks.

As for the LivinLoud.....Mehh. I don't like to feed trolls.

hqdefault.jpg

You are 100% correct, you don't feed trolls at all. Mind taking your head out from between your legs and re-evaluating the situation?

hAC37A29D

did anyone ever tell the man how to hook up this driver/ same thing has happened to me. i ordered one, but got this unmarked thing and just wanna know how to hook it up

"did anyone ever tell the man how to hook up this driver/ same thing has happened to me. i ordered one, but got this unmarked thing and just wanna know how to hook it up?"

I know you are NEW but-- this is a necro thread- its dead AND posting on it is a bad idea you are risking more rounds of DRAMA- after > a year let it GO-

EVERY driver at AixiZ ( YES that is how it is spelled if you care to be correct) shows a diagram with the +&- for the diode- where you add ttl blanking if you want it, and here to attach the power again + & - what else do you need????

any member building who does not understand the basics will get some expensive lessons-

over heating ( powering'soldering with NO HEATSINK)
wrong polarity
and ESD just for starters

and (of course) trying to ' just to see if it works' by putting a battery on a diode EVEN for a second is a diode killer--

At AixiZ - you wont find 'lessons' on soldering-metering-test load building etc etc

if you had to ask maybe you just were not really ready to start building lasers-- sorry--hak

ps
many hours of hard work when into many of the fine tutorials we have here for any to read/use.--

on some occasions the driver maker changed the color of the PCB otherwise its the same - if the driver requires setting you need a dummy/test load as setting this with the diode this going to kill the diode--never do that.
you may ned to see the same driver at aixiz.com or if you saw it there maybe there is more info at AixiZ ebay (aixiz_laser)

not sure but I think 'pin-out' refers ONLY to the LD- the place you attach the diode to the driver may be more correctly called -'pin-in'- so you look at the diode pin-out to see where the two 'legs' are soldered to the driver board--
plz do NOT post here (everybody) such drama is bad for all and let this thread fade away PLEASE-- I can help you better via PMs--

hak-- AixiZ- janitor and handyman (unpaid)

Last edited:
Thread more than ran its course. Apparently the only person here who can give advice to CDesigns is Jordan. Since he only wants to talk to Jordan, he can send him a PM to discuss. He wont take advice from anyone else and when we try, its considered a troll. I mean as you said, I am more than agreeable and helpful. Heck at least 2500 of my posts have been giving advice and helping people out, new and old.

When someone constantly says I am a troll when I was trying to help, well heck, I will give him what he asked for :beer: People get jealous when they see me trolling

IMG_0315+chesapeake+boat+fishing.jpg

FUNNY PIC..

BUT FYI
its heavily photo-shopped- you can see the same three 'rods n' reels'
in four places--

I had that problem when I first started with this driver.. the problem is that I wasn't connecting power to the ttl pad.. it will be just on the other side of the vdc+ (input voltage)

FACE PALMED-

The pads are clearly marked on both the driver and the diagram at the site (or AixiZ Amazon or EEKbay) ignore the color change in the board it means nothing..all else is the same.
BTW AixiZ Never ignores questions if asked nicely.
I know because I am sometimes asked to help a member and do this gladly..

Len
aka hak
aixiz/jetlasers--janitor & handy man
LaserPartsUSA- owner operator.

ALSO...

AFAIK-- all small drivers have two or four soldering pads.... 4 if TTL is there 2 if not...
with a mag glass (0n the driver) you can see the + and - --- and 'ttl' another occanionally spot to plug in on SOME larger drivers is for the fan.

on some the words /abbreviations etc may be partially obscured by the actual plug-in...
look for dcv or v--

Some the best drivers come with a heat sensor--and auto shut-down if overheated..(Vlad's -- Russia--also sold by DTR)

w/o some advance study.. and proper working set-up you are doomed for failure..

I.E. has a thread w/ iirc MANY things one MUST know before EVEN starting..

its a good read too..

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Encap

I'm still can't make this driver work :D

Why are you necroposting in this thread that that is 3 years old. Just trolling? LPF is not a babysitter.

There is a clear as day picture of exactly how to hook it up on the ebay offer itself --See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AixiZ-1W-445nm-blue-laser-diode-driver-405nm-laser-driver/361976639258?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D40130%26meid%3D678223e38d3341988a6f28712ff723f0%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D9%26sd%3D360882123862
If you can't figured out even with a picture of exactly how to hook it up in 3 years you will not be able to figure it out in your lifeitme--no matter what help anyone provides. anyway.

Just forget about it and throw the driver in the garbage or return it to AixiZ for replacement.

If you are either lazy and/or have that many comprehension problems + lack of ability to get it sorted out in 3 years --nothing anyone can do or say will help you.

405-445%20kit.jpg

Last edited: