Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help need help immediately!!!!!!!

My green laser is doing this!

mms_picture.jpg

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS AND PLEASE HELP!!!

P.S I know it's not the lens because I used like 3 different ones!

Last edited:

[.IMG]https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=7c2ddb5ee9&view=att&th=128d7e1e0dca014c&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw[./IMG]
You can't embed that link... In "https://mail.google..." the s shows a secure connection between google & you, no one else can (or should be able to) view a link like that.
We can't see the image. You need to upload the image to something like ImageShack.

Last edited:
its mode hopping..
I took this pic from the book that came with my WL
pix047.jpg

Hope it helps

(I dont know why it uploaded sideways like that)
:thinking:

Last edited:
strange transverse mode.... but it DOES look exactly like the pic posted by gordon

I was gonna say is the aperture opening damaged? Could be light bouncing off of the inside edge of it.

My laser has like mood swings, sometimes it has a little line pattern going through the dot, sometimes it's like a geometrically f'ed up X (two angles are really acute, not like a cross). Other times it will have a really weird 6 lined thing. Just ysterday it had a huge line going through the beam, then another one a little bit below it in parallel, depending on the time it would hve up to like 50 lines (they were really close, I didn't count them) but if you connected the sides, it made a half circle. It's really tempermental lol. Though usually it's the 'X' pattern, with one line (both sides of the 'line) longer than the other that will flute out torwards the end. I'd LOVE to get pics of it, but my webcam isn't that sensitive.

Actually, mode hopping does occur, but as the beam is fatter and splitted, one side of it is hitting the aperture cap and the beam is deflecting from it.

So the dot is only half of the beam, the rest is hitting the aperture.

There is pretty much nothing you can do.

Make sure you are using fresh batteries (if using secondaries, recharge them), and make sure you are not abusing the thing. Don't let it overheat, or let it warm up to normal temperature if it's frozen.