Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help me Pls. How do i make a GITD wall ?

31K4L

Well if i can builld a blu-ray laser pointer for less than 50$ .. I will do it.. thats not to expensive.. But i need a blu-ray laser, and of what i know then i have to buy a blu-ray dvd burner and take the laser out ?? right ?? But i have seached for those and the cheapest i have found was on 300 $ ..

But pls tell me how to build a blu-ray laser then :p ?? if dont mind ofcourse.. That would be very nice to have :D

Well i know i have to buy: The bluray laser diode. A laser module. Resistors ? . A flashlight (cree P7 ?). What more do i need ?? ofcourse i need a tutorial too, but guess i can find someone inhere :p ?

Just check out the blu-ray forum and the experiments and mods forum. You'll find it all in there!

31K4L said:
Well if i can builld a blu-ray laser pointer for less than 50$ .. I will do it.. thats not to expensive.. But i need a blu-ray laser, and of what i know then i have to buy a blu-ray dvd burner and take the laser out ?? right ?? But i have seached for those and the cheapest i have found was on 300 $ ..

But pls tell me how to build a blu-ray laser then :p ?? if dont mind ofcourse.. That would be very nice to have :D

Well i know i have to buy: The bluray laser diode. A laser module. Resistors ? . A flashlight (cree P7 ?). What more do i need ?? ofcourse i need a tutorial too, but guess i can find someone inhere :p ?
This would be the best diode to use (PHR-803T), and this is about the best price going right now: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1214024578/0#0
Ideally this would be the driver I would recommend, (the Flex-Drive), you could do it cheaper, but not better or easier: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1209418066/0#0
Use a module, like this one: http://www.hightechdealz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=9
Select a host that uses 1-2 lithium batteries, Or a project-box,  stuff everything inside, and prestos! ;D (the last part will take a little research for you, but the Flex-Drive makes everything so much easier).
There are also quite a few BRs for sale for reasonable prices.
BTW, I have heard that your local home improvment store carries GITD paint by the gallon. It will not glow as bright as the stuff you can buy at the "Glo-powder" sites, but like Hemlock Mike says, you probably don't want it to glow for long.
Good luck on your project, keep us posted ;)
DH

diachi

Gooey, would your argon not make GITD glow ? It has a violet line does it not , test it out and see what you get, if it doesnt work with the lines combined, use a beam splitter to separate the violet line :D tell me how you get on !

Diachi

Diachi said:
Gooey, would your argon not make GITD glow ? It has a violet line does it not , test it out and see what you get, if it doesnt work with the lines combined, use a beam splitter to separate the violet line  :D tell me how you get on !

Diachi

Yup it does make stuff glow, but no where near as good as the blu-ray does. The only lines that make stuff glow in teh argon are probably 457nm and 476nm... maybe 488 too but even with all 6 lines combined it makes a tile glow a fraction of the amount that a 405 laser does.

daguin said:
[quote author=31K4L link=1215243326/0#4 date=1215248896]ehe yeah that was what i meant xD thought you guys (the pro's) called it that :p

But do you know anything about this ?? maybe where i can buy some Glow In The Dark paint ?? (GITD) ^^

http://stores.ebay.com/READY-SET-GLO

Peace,
dave[/quote]

I bough 8oz of the high-tech green paint they have and did a white poster 4'X3' with the stuff and use my UV flashlight for dx to write on it and it does last quite a while but when you turn the lights on it basically erases it all and you just have to wait 5min to draw again.... but man when I turn my lights out to go to bed it lights up my whole room like 3 night lights put together : ) its sweet plus with the paint you can do stuff you cant do with tiles such at paint the tip of your ceiling fan :p

daguin

f22warzone said:
plus with the paint you can do stuff you cant do with tiles such at paint the tip of your ceiling fan :p

;D Put the fan on low speed ;D

[smiley=evil.gif] Drive the cat crazy [smiley=evil.gif]

Peace,
dave

dude it even freaks me out on low speed ...... its cool i could lie under it for hours just looking at it :p