Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Helloo :)

Hi there , my name is Marian ! I watched styropyro's videos and now im looking for help here ! Im new in lasers so i will try to dont ask stupid questions .
I want my first build to be with Osram 1.6W PLTB450B 450nm Laser Diode that i found in DTR's shop. Now i got one . I promise i will be carefull .
Guys please advise me whitch driver should i choose for my LD . Next what parts will i need to get it in a propper host (housing) ?
Thank you ! :))))

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Hello Marian. Welcome to the forum. :)
Yep, styropyro is great with his videos isn't he.
So you have bought a 1.6W 450nm for your first laser. Normally you should start out with lower power lasers first.
Not something I would personally recommend seeing it is a dangerous Class 4.
It is important for me to ask. What safety glasses you have for it?

Hello Curtis :) Currently i got only the bare laser diode. Maybe you can tell me what glasses should i use . Thanks.

Encap

Hi there , my name is Marian ! I watched styropyro's videos and now im looking for help here ! Im new in lasers so i will try to dont ask stupid questions .
I want my first build to be with Osram 1.6W PLTB450B 450nm Laser Diode that i found in DTR's shop. Now i got one . I promise i will be carefull .
Guys please advise me whitch driver should i choose for my LD . Next what parts will i need to get it in a proper host (housing) ?
Thank you ! :))))
Welcome - enjoy the forum

DTR sells the drivers, modules and lenses and shows the correct ones on his web site.
DTR shows a nano buck boost which are out of stock so ask which of the others is good for your application.
Ask DTR https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/osram-plp450-450nm-laser-diode

DTR contact info https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/contact-info

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
You need at OD3+ with the specified wavelength range covering 450nm. This cuts down the observable power down by log10(3)=1000x. So your 1.6W laser would become 1.6mW. I recommend Eagle Pair 190-540nm goggles. They are rated OD5 so will more than cover you for that ld, and for whenever you endeavour more into the hobby.
They are not cheap, but they are certified and you can't put a price on your eyesight.
Survival lasers used to have a banner on our website with a discount code. Does anyone know whether or not LPF still gets a 10% discount?

Eagle Pair Laser Goggles - link

Last edited:
Welcome - enjoy the forum

DTR sells the drivers, modules and lenses and shows the correct ones on his web site.
DTR shows a nano buck boost which are out of stock so ask which of the others is good for your application.
Ask DTR https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/osram-plp450-450nm-laser-diode

DTR contact info https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/contact-info
Hello Encap . Thank you !
Guys i think i found a suitable driver but im not shure it will work :D
DTR laser says that (6V-9V 2A+) Is the current for 1.6w Laser Power
But with this driver i am willing to sacrifice some Mw''s This driver : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Adj...3.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.262.zwfctr

You need at OD3+ with the specified wavelength range covering 450nm. This cuts down the observable power down by log10(3)=1000x. So your 1.6W laser would become 1.6mW. I recommend Eagle Pair 190-540nm goggles. They are rated OD5 so will more than cover you for that ld, and for whenever you endeavour more into the hobby.
They are not cheap, but they are certified and you can't put a price on your eyesight.
Survival lasers used to have a banner on our website with a discount code. Does anyone know whether or not LPF still gets a 10% discount?

Thank you i will search for Eagle Pair goggles ! I cant risk my eyesight its true...

Hi Iksan,
Welcome to lpf be safe and enjoy. Oh by the way double posting is a no no so use the edit button at the bottom of your post to add to the original post.

Rich:)

BobMc

Welcome Iksan12 to the forum. Enjoy and be safe, it's a great fun hobby. :wave:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF Marian! :beer:

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay.

Curtis, I'm pretty sure Survival Lasers still offer their 10% discount to LPF members, I think you just need to enter "LPF445" in the discount code box to get it.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Jeff. I didn't want to say with any certainty with the banner now gone. So there you are. 10% off should still be live. :beer: