Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello!

Hello Laser fans!

I have recently decided to purchase a laser, and pursue lasers as a hobby, so I thought it would be only fitting to sign up here.

My forum name is FrodoBaggins, but please just call me Frodo. (In reality i'm not three foot tall, or anything like that - Don't make assumptions :tsk:)

Looking forward to meeting you all, and getting to know this community :yh:

-Frodo.

Welcome Shireling :)
tumblr_macxnmhRRk1rcl33co1_500.jpg

~ LB

IsaacT

Welcome aboard! Keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times! Tell us a little about what made you want to pursue lasers as a hobby. Do you have any background with electronics?

If you fill in your age and location in your profile, it will help us give you advice in the future, if and when you request it.

Be sure to read the stickies in the welcome and rules sections, and to use the search bar for the finding of data.

Have fun, be safe, and lase responsibly!
-Isaac

welcome.gif
to the Forum FrodoBaggins....

Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Don't forget to put your location in your Profile if you
haven't yet done so. This way we know where you
are from.

Enjoy your stay...

Welcome aboard! Keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times! Tell us a little about what made you want to pursue lasers as a hobby. Do you have any background with electronics?

If you fill in your age and location in your profile, it will help us give you advice in the future, if and when you request it.

Be sure to read the stickies in the welcome and rules sections, and to use the search bar for the finding of data.

Have fun, be safe, and lase responsibly!
-Isaac

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

I have a basic knowledge of electronics, but nothing huge - I have done some projects involving LEDs and other circuit components (resistors, potentiometers, caps, etc)

As to what got me into lasers - I'm not really sure. I just have an interest in em - I'm going to start searching for some projects I can do with my laser.

Last edited:
You still have not updated your Profile so we know
where you are from....:thinking:

Jerry

there are plenty of fun uses for lasers,, pointing out things and entertaining cats or little kids, for 5mw or less power lasers.. astronomy and seeing crazy beams of light that seem to touch the sky or even the clouds, 5mw and up.. green is the best for this, and burning and cutting all sorts of materials including lighting matches popping balloons and more.. 100mw to 5000mw, best are 445nm blue and 405 violet for burning (Goggles and experience recommended) also important warnings for newbies lasers over 5mw can hurt your eyes and it is a felony to shine a laser at a plane or other vehicle

Welcome to the forums! As said above, Be sure to read over the rules and stickies before making any threads... Whenever you have a question make sure you search extensively both on LPF and also on google. There is a 90% chance your question has already been asked/answered.