Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello! :wave:

LazNC

Hello!

I've been lurking on these forums for years off and on, but recently i've gotten into CNC machines and i feel lurking is no longer sufficient. Im debating between a dedicated CO2 laser machine, or a diode head that can be swapped onto my existing machine.

If it all works out, this could help me expand a business ive been running, and add some style to my products.

I've never been big on the "pointer" hobby, other than playing with my cat's $5 nemesis. I did almost buy one of those wickedlasers when they were all the rage.

Last edited:

Hello, welcome to the forum. If you would allow me, I'd like to give you a phone call, or skype with you on video. When a new member joins, I try to talk to them instead of texting. I may be able to help.

Chris

Hi,
Welcome to LPF many nice folks here to talk things out if you have any.
Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF LazNC! :beer:
Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay!

If you've been lurking for some time, you're probably aware of the custom search bar at the bottom of the page, but if not, give it a try, there is a lot of great laser related info. to be found there. :)

LazNC

thanks ;D

Right now im hunting for a place to buy an aixiz module (or something similar) with a lens. I've pulled out what appears to be a 3.8mm diode from a dvdrw that i'd like to experiment with.

everywhere i see wants to sell me 5 or 10 units without lenses. DTR's shop seems to have them, but the shipping fees to Canada will cost more than the module :( Are there any good canadian dealers with cheap shipping?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I don't know of any Canadian dealers, but maybe one of our Canadian members may have one that they would be willing to sell. :thinking:

Encap

thanks ;D

Right now im hunting for a place to buy an aixiz module (or something similar) with a lens. I've pulled out what appears to be a 3.8mm diode from a dvdrw that i'd like to experiment with.

everywhere i see wants to sell me 5 or 10 units without lenses. DTR's shop seems to have them, but the shipping fees to Canada will cost more than the module :( Are there any good canadian dealers with cheap shipping?

Welcome--enjoy the forum. Please add your location.

Aixiz modules---you can always try AixiZ the business from which the name came--see: www.aixiz.net
but DTR has a wider range of modules--sizes and materials

ebay has cheap 12mmX30mm modules from China --5 pieces for $6.97

Last edited:
:wave: Welcome to the Forum...

I would highly suggest that you put
your location in your Profile so that
members can help you easier if you
have questions.

Enjoy your stay and be Laser Safe.

Jerry

Last edited:

LazNC

just used my dremel to extract a few more diodes from these junky dvdrw's. lost one due to plyer crushing. i swear that thing was soldered in.

The rest came out easily with a couple cuts \o/
i know one /almost/ burns without any optics, so thats likely a good one. The others im not sure about yet, but it will be interesting. Would be nice if there was some kind of universal module to hold these diodes temporarily to test

Its a bit scary testing which ones are IR or red, so doubled up on the glasses D:

Last edited:

LazNC

yeah, but tbh im not a huge fan of spreading my personal information around the internet :p Im not a facebook kinda guy
im aware of my local laws and i dont have any intention of violating them. im only working with lasers for CNC stuff, im not putting these in any handheld devices so i should be fine

Last edited:
yeah, but tbh im not a huge fan of spreading my personal information around the internet :p Im not a facebook kinda guy
im aware of my local laws and i dont have any intention of violating them. im only working with lasers for CNC stuff, im not putting these in any handheld devices so i should be fine
I don't do facebook either... and no-one
asked you about laws...:thinking:
I didn't ask you to post your penis
or shoe size... nor your personal
name or street address.

It would be helpful to know where
members are situated on the globe.

Are you in South Africa, China or
on the Freakin Moon. Are you even
an Earthling :thinking:

Have problems with people that want
to hide on a Public Forum...

Too many banned members trying to
get back in under a disguise.........

[EDIT]
thanks ;D

everywhere i see wants to sell me 5 or 10 units without lenses. DTR's shop seems to have them, but the shipping fees to Canada will cost more than the module Are there any good canadian dealers with cheap shipping?

I see that you've already Posted that you are
in Canada...
What is your hesitation to add that to your
LPF Member Profile...:thinking:

The request is simple and easily accomplished.

Jerry

Last edited:

LazNC

tbh in all my years on the internet, i've never had demands for my location & video chats on a forum before lol. its a bit extreme to try and dox everyone who joins a forum lol. i grew up in the 90s where the rule was you dont even tell people the color of your highschool jersey.
ban me if you like i guess, but i just dont publish my location as a general rule. Amazon and paypal are the only two online companies who've managed to wrestle that out of me.
sorry if this causes issues, but i hope you just judge me on what i post and not based on the lack of private personal information

Last edited:

diachi

i know one /almost/ burns without any optics, so thats likely a good one.

If you almost got stuff burning without optics you must have had the material very close to the LD. That's how you end up with residue on the LD window/die face and destroy the diode.

Would be nice if there was some kind of universal module to hold these diodes temporarily to test

There are: https://www.lasertack.com/en/laser-diode-mout

Its a bit scary testing which ones are IR or red, so doubled up on the glasses D:

As in you put IR laser glasses over red laser glasses...? You are using proper laser safety glasses, right? :thinking:

As for your location, we already know you're in Canada from one of your previous posts. That's all we really wanted to know, we don't need a town or street address. Canada is fine.

Some members like to verify new users more thoroughly due to trolls returning after being banned in the past.

Welcome. :beer:

Last edited: