Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, please help

Hello from Hawaii,

I have been looking to get a laser for a while now but never really knew how to get started. So I came here to ask people who actually know what their talking about lol. The first laser Im going to get is going to be a gift for a friend so I want to make sure it is safe (IR filters, what kind of eye protection to buy, so on...), works good (can seee the beam very well, wont break after a week, etc), is green or blue, BURNS things, and won't cost me a ton of money. Price range is around $200-$300. Can someone tell me what my options are? Also if anyone knows if it is legal to have a laser here and any other advice you can offer would be a great help. Thanks

Thanks a ton, this looks great but its out of stock :'( When do they usually get more in? BTW this friend is a guy, if I were to get a laser for my other friend (girl) it would have to be pink lol. Do they make those?

it said out of stock on my order as well but i called them and it was in stock give it a try ;)

You can do magenta, which is close to pink, but you would either have to DIY it or find a member of this forum that would sell it to you. Magenta is created by combining the beams of a red diode and a violet diode.

-Mark

Thanks I will try and call them, and I dont think that I ready to build one just yet. How much do people here charge IF I did want a pink one?(I can only afford one ATM lol)

My cousin found out I was getting into lasers and now he wants one, I looked on the 3 recommended websites but I could'nt find a regular red laser pen. Could someone post a link to one please? Thanks

Lasernoob787 said:
My cousin found out I was getting into lasers and now he wants one, I looked on the 3 recommended websites but I could'nt find a regular red laser pen. Could someone post a link to one please? Thanks
Welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place :)
Atlas-Nova sells "pen-styled" lasers that are among the besy quaility available for "red-pens". The 532nM, green) one are from "leadlight" a very good-manucaturer for these type of portables. Atlas-Novaalso sells 635nM and 650nM pen-style lasers.  Both of the wavelengthsare red, but the 632 is is a much "brighter" color, some describe it almost as a "orange-red"
All are avialbale in all-black, which are really nice, some are also available in chrome as well. All of his untis run on 2xAAA.
Check them out:
http://www.atlasnova.com/
DH

I forgot to ask, does it matter what type of battery I use in the x100 NOVA laser? If so, what type and what type should not be used?

Strongly Reccomend the Dragon Lasers Viper series. Great range (of lasers), freindly staff, a great site for green laser. safety glasses are available for $25

NickB95 said:
Strongly Reccomend the Dragon Lasers Viper series. Great range (of lasers), freindly staff, a great site for green laser. safety glasses are available for $25
DL is good, but NOVA is generally regarded as a step above it. (As well as LG and Opto)

Go with OPTOTRONICS, they carry GREAT, WARRANTIED LASERS, EYE PROTECTION, & JACK< the CEO, is a GREAT GUY to deal with. You won't go wrong with OPTOTRONICS ;)