Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello people.

EriiKz

When a new member comes here and states that he read all the Stickies
and Rules..
*Many I never used to word all.

then asks questions that are clearly answered in those stickies that we
have already read... then breaks the rules...
Answers are not there. You can try to prove me wrong. I'm telling you that I read many of the stickies (and most of which have been linked here) and the answer isn't there. Do you comprehend that or do I need to type it with an explanation for a 5 year old kid?

I said that it's about posting links or articles probably since if it'd be because of cuss words the admin would've used the cuss filter on vB.

It is obviously clear that the new member either did not read the Stickies
or Rules...
or perhaps he has a problem comprehending the English written word..
It is obvious you fail to read my posts, or simply choose to ignore what I say. If you're not willing to listen, don't talk. If you have nothing useful to contribute, don't post, it's as easy as that.

If it is the latter... then I apologize and will hunt down what he requires...

Bar that... I stand my Ground.... you were too lazy to do your
homework and when you got caught you lashed out...
I am not your mommy and I don't have any obligations to you...
All I will do... is steer you in the right direction... but that seems to
irritate you..
You are not. You're linking me over and over to the same stickies which I already read in which the answers aren't found.

BTW... this thread belongs to the Admin... he allows you the post here as
long as the Rules are followed..

Jerry

Thanks for stating the obvious.

I'm only being lolflamed because I go against everyone's beliefs and flow.

Well if that's the way you want to be treated on this forum...then your off to a great start.

I guess you and me are different. I demand to be treated with respect, unless I do something to deserve otherwise. Don't take that the wrong way...If you treat me like dirt, then I don't want to be associated with you....That's kind of what I mean by that.

Plus, there is also a very fine line between going against everyones "beliefs" and being immature about everything. I mean, who knows, you could be talking like this to some of these long time forum members because you are young and immature and you don't know how the real world works.....or it's just a way to get your fix...or high, like a bully at school. Or maybe you really know better that the 90% of people on this forum and going against what we all "believe" is the right thing to do.

D

Deleted member 8382

omg yes, we are the Inquisition. Did you ever had a teacher called Arenared or this kind of attitude grows by itself? It's really starting to annoy me.

I'm only being lolflamed because I go against everyone's beliefs and flow.

Poor scientist...

@Iskor: at least you just realized... xD

main.php

When a new member comes here and states that he read all the Stickies
and Rules..
then asks questions that are clearly answered in those stickies that we
have already read... then breaks the rules...

It is obviously clear that the new member either did not read the Stickies
or Rules...
or perhaps he has a problem comprehending the English written word..

If it is the latter... then I apologize and will hunt down what he requires...

Bar that... I stand my Ground.... you were too lazy to do your
homework and when you got caught you lashed out...
I am not your mommy and I don't have any obligations to you...
All I will do... is steer you in the right direction... but that seems to
irritate you..

BTW... this thread belongs to the Admin... he allows you the post here as
long as the Rules are followed..

Jerry

yes...I understand your point. He should have known some of the basic things that he asked about if he did read the stickies, but I still think that your response was a little un called for.

You have never done me wrong, but I have to admit that I would have likely reated the same way to you if I was new here. You clearly where on the attack from the start....maybe I missed something

welcome.gif
to the Forum..

First of all that is not required to make a point...

If your friend (mfo) steered you here... why did he not tell you
that the members here really don't like to spoon-feed new members..

You will need to read the Newcomers section and the Forum Rules
to start... a lot of your answers are there in the FAQs..

Then you can use the [Search] button with different search words
to find what you want to know..

There is a lot of Laser related info here... but you will need read..
read... and read some more...

Enjoy your stay..

Jerry

Where do you see an attack...:thinking:

Jerry

EriiKz

Well if that's the way you want to be treated on this forum...then your off to a great start.

I guess you and me are different. I demand to be treated with respect, unless I do something to deserve otherwise. Don't take that the wrong way...If you treat me like dirt, then I don't want to be associated with you....That's kind of what I mean by that.

Plus, there is also a very fine line between going against everyones "beliefs" and being immature about everything. I mean, who knows, you could be talking like this to some of these long time forum members because you are young and immature and you don't know how the real world works.....or it's just a way to get your fix...or high, like a bully at school. Or maybe you really know better that the 90% of people on this forum and going against what we all "believe" is the right thing to do.

I do not mind how I am treated as long as I can help or get help (which I'm not). That is the only reason I am arguing on this subject still. If someone gave me a sticky with the answer I am looking for or told me, there wouldn't be any need for these 2 pages.

You demand to be treated with respect unless you do otherwise, iskor. Then let me ask you; Does that mean people should respect you even if you do nothing? that's what I understand by what you're saying. Do not take it as if I was dissing you, I am not. Nor am I saying that you do nothing, I am simply asking.

I believe age has nothing to do with maturity, and many people who I talk to without flaming involved consider me mature for my age. It's 15, if you insist to know.

If you treat me like dirt, then I don't want to be associated with you....That's kind of what I mean by that.
Exactly. People treat me like trash, why would I treat them well? What is this? All for me and me for myself?

Last edited:
Where do you see an attack...:thinking:

Jerry

Ok attack is definitely the wrong word....and for that I appoligize.

I am sorry...I have no idea what I am talking about right now...I guess.

I had a really bad day at work and then I see this crap happening again on the forums. I just wish we all could get along. :)

D

Deleted member 8382

I believe age has nothing to do with maturity, and many people who I talk to without flaming involved consider me mature for my age. It's 15, if you insist to know.

This just proofs that you still need to mature a lot :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

EriiKz

This just proofs that you still need to mature a lot :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

And who are you to define that, someone which had seen me posting on the internet for a few hours? I've seen 20 and 30 years old people which have shit in their heads instead of a brain. So don't come to tell me that age has to do with maturity.

I do not mind how I am treated as long as I can help or get help (which I'm not). That is the only reason I am arguing on this subject still. If someone gave me a sticky with the answer I am looking for or told me, there wouldn't be any need for these 2 pages.

You demand to be treated with respect unless you do otherwise, iskor. Then let me ask you; Does that mean people should respect you even if you do nothing? that's what I understand by what you're saying. Do not take it as if I was dissing you, I am not. Nor am I saying that you do nothing, I am simply asking.

Exactly. People treat me like trash, why would I treat them well? What is this? All for me and me for myself?

What questions haven't been answered yet? Maybe I can help.

"Does that mean people should respect you even if you do nothing?"
YES!!!!! It's called being civil. Remember the Golden rule? Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you. I treat everyone with respect at the start, even if I don't know them. That doesn't mean that my respect for you wont change.

I never asked for your age and nor was I trying to imply that you where young.

And who are you to define that, someone which had seen me posting on the internet for a few hours? I've seen 20 and 30 years old people which have shit in their heads instead of a brain. So don't come to tell me that age has to do with maturity.

One thing you will learn in the future is that first impressions mean a lot....especially in the buisness world and also for dating as well

In answer to your question, a violet laser can be put together for under $40 if you're happy with a "project box" style build, or bought in low-power pen form. At that price you'd be hard pushed to make a decent green but you could purchase one somewhere between 5 and 50mW for $40.

I am your age, and in fact I joined as even younger, and maturity as a rule increases with age (but varies from person to person). However, it isn't wise to come onto a forum and demand that others change their attitude - your church analogy falls down somewhat, when you would like the help or guidance of a member of the church, you don't march in and shout, you show respect for it and its occupants, and in return maybe they will offer what you want. You're entitled to the information - it is available and freely so, but the time and effort for a member to offer their help is different IMO. I have never had to ask, "can I build a violet pointer for $40" - but I have invested the time and learned the answer from reading around.

There is a wealth of information out there, and if you are willing to spend the time reading, comprehending, and applying it, you will get much more out of it than having it done for you. For instance, you probably know that a laser needs diode, driver, Aixiz module, batteries and a casing. If you'd spent the time, you would know that a "Daedal" driver (LM317) can be made for under $5. You'd also know that a PHR diode (violet) can be found for under $15, and batteries can be found cheaply online or in retail shops. The casing is a matter of personal choice, but it has been said many times that a "project box" is the cheapest way to go.

Jerry's (lasersbee's) objection is that, when this information is freely available, you haven't taken the time to research something, and would instead like someone to take their own time and effort to have someone spell it out to you (like I have done above).

D

Deleted member 8382

So don't come to tell me that age has to do with maturity

And there are a lot of fatties out that are on diet. This proofs that drinking beer has nothing to do with my belly. Interesting, I'll need to point that out to my GF next time he tells me...

wait. no.

EriiKz

What questions haven't been answered yet? Maybe I can help.

"Does that mean people should respect you even if you do nothing?"
YES!!!!! It's called being civil. Remember the Golden rule? Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you. I treat everyone with respect at the start, even if I don't know them. That doesn't mean that my respect for you wont change.

I never asked for your age and nor was I trying to imply that you where young.

Someone who does nothing doesn't deserve respect IMO. Nor disrespect.
I don't mind others not respecting me if I haven't done anything for them to do so. Respect is something valuable which should be attained not given.

You want to know what hasn't been answered?
What I opened my thread for:
1) I want to build a 20 ~ 40 mW laser, my favorite colors are green/violate/blue.
Do you think I could get everything I need to build one of these for UNDER 40 dollars? Any recommended tutorials for total noobs on building a green/violate/blue? You think I could make it? .

If I build a 20 mW, would I see just a dot as if it was a regular 5mW red laser, or would I see a whole line of light in addition to the beam?

2) What's the difference between building a red one and a yellow one?
I heard that while red is the easier, when you approach colors like green, yellow, orange, etc. it gets way harder. Why is this?

3) What's 'IR'? I've seen it in almost every tutorial and none explained what it means o_o.

4) Would a 20 ~ 40 mW burn your retina in a fraction of a second like a 100 + would, or is it just a tad bit safer? I mean, you can point a red 5mW for a whole minute without anything happening, so for how long could you point yourself a 20mW before getting blinded? (not like ima try :wtf:).

In answer to your question, a violet laser can be put together for under $40 if you're happy with a "project box" style build, or bought in low-power pen form. At that price you'd be hard pushed to make a decent green but you could purchase one somewhere between 5 and 50mW for $40.
I wouldn't like to purchase one it'd take away the whole point- saying I built a laser :(, but in the same time I want something to satisfy me :p.

Now to the part which i usually want to avoid:

I am your age, and in fact I joined as even younger, and maturity as a rule increases with age (but varies from person to person). However, it isn't wise to come onto a forum and demand that others change their attitude - your church analogy falls down somewhat, when you would like the help or guidance of a member of the church, you don't march in and shout, you show respect for it and its occupants, and in return maybe they will offer what you want. You're entitled to the information - it is available and freely so, but the time and effort for a member to offer their help is different IMO. I have never had to ask, "can I build a violet pointer for $40" - but I have invested the time and learned the answer from reading around.
I did not march in shouting disrespectfully. I marched in quietly and asked for a question. Someone came to my face flaming me. Do you expect me to keep talk to him with respect?

There is a wealth of information out there, and if you are willing to spend the time reading, comprehending, and applying it, you will get much more out of it than having it done for you. For instance, you probably know that a laser needs diode, driver, Aixiz module, batteries and a casing. If you'd spent the time, you would know that a "Daedal" driver (LM317) can be made for under $5. You'd also know that a PHR diode (violet) can be found for under $15, and batteries can be found cheaply online or in retail shops. The casing is a matter of personal choice, but it has been said many times that a "project box" is the cheapest way to go.
Yes. I know all that because I read the guide which said it (forgot name). However, if not, I'd only know it needs a power source o_o.
I can know all that, but from there to knowing what if, how, where, and etc., there's a big difference. You can't understand rocket science from reading a book on it. If you get what I mean.

Jerry's (lasersbee's) objection is that, when this information is freely available, you haven't taken the time to research something,
I already told him, for the billionth time, I have.

and would instead like someone to take their own time and effort to have someone spell it out to you (like I have done above).
Thank you for that, it gave me a nice price range which was pretty useful.

Last edited: