Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello LPF!

Hey, I'm Grant and i'm 18 and currently on a gap year! :D

I come on here every now and then to have a read of some reviews and to look at your awesome pictures! :D

Always had an interest in lasers, i have built and sold USB powered modified "Dildas" on eBay when the good ol ban came in, and have been currently been building spirographs for friends :)

anyways.. i just want to make some friends and join in the laser community!

:D

(First post woop!)

Dusty

Hey Grant, welcome to the site...:D there are loads of really helpful people on here so I am sure you will be fine...:beer:

P.S got anything good planned for the gap year?

Thanks For the replys guys!

Mohrenberg you should really get one/ make one, the effect is pretty cool :D makes a 5mW green just that little more interesting haha.

Hey Dusty, i've never been that far out of the UK so i'm going to go traveling to peru and egypt and just spend some time taking a break from education before 4 years at uni :D

Dusty

Hey Dusty, i've never been that far out of the UK so i'm going to go traveling to peru and egypt and just spend some time taking a break from education before 4 years at uni :D

Good plan, peru and egypt should be amasing! I worked on my gap year then went to new zealand for 3 months and travelled around there...was awsome! Its great to have the freedom to do what you want from day to day and see what you want to see, im sure you will have a great time...:D

welcome.gif
to the Forum...

I'm sure you'll fit right in....
What is your eBay name....:thinking:

Jerry

Jaseth

Welcome to LPF :)
I am also 18, started at uni a few months ago. Pleasure meeting you!

Seb

Hey Grant, Welcome to the forum! Thers a wealth of info on here, and loads of knowledgeable people!
Seems you already have a few toys. I was looking at making a sprograph, or even a tunnel. but need a suitable mirror(s)...

I'm also pretty new. And from the UK!

Have fun!

Si

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you've got a few nice lasers already ... If you do get the Laserbee, you will never regret the purchase of it. For instance, I have the Laserbee and a Coherent Lasercheck. I prefer the Laserbee over the Lasercheck when I am working with green or violet lasers. The IR leakage from a green throws off the Lasercheck reading, 405nm diodes are at the extreme end of the Lasercheck's nm range, and a variance of a few nm's between bluray diodes can throw off the readings. The Laserbee is a thermal meter and does not suffer from the frequency-specific issues of a photodiode based meter like a Lasercheck. The Laserbee also agrees dead on with my Coherent 210 thermal LPM and head.

Hey Jerry. I'm not selling on my normal eBay account anymore because now i'm 18 i'm going to make a new one soon. (I lied about my age when i was 16 so i could sell on there. Time to be legit...lol)

Yeah billg519 i've been looking at the LaserBee I reviews and it looks good to me and reasonably priced for a LPM.

Hey Simon, yeah i'm not sure if there is a thread on here about making a spirograph. most probably is! and tbh you don't really need front surface mirrors to make one. I made my first one with two CDs haha.