Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, I'm here because lasers are cool.

Spankz

Hello everyone, I'm here because I like lasers and the idea of DIY. I am fascinated by lasers. Not only as a toy but also in terms of how useful it is as a piece of technology. Not only has it helped in progression of digital technolgy but also other forms like medical technology etc.

But I'm here because I want to build a portable laser, a green laser! So that I can point at the night sky (Not at planes!)

With so much helpful pros around here I am confident that I will get the help I need to build it. Thanks for reading :)

IsaacT

Welcome to LPF! Be sure to read the rules and stickies! Enjoy your stay :)

Hai,

For building a green handheld laser I would suggest buying a premade module (current regulation circuit [aka driver], diode, optics, housing all included), and encasing it in the "host" of your choice, making a heatsink too if neccesary.

Host is usually a flashlight modified to house a laser, or any other object used to hold and connect the entire thing together.

Modules I'd reccomend ? O-like :
Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Go to green lasers section, you can find 50, 100, 150, 300 and 400 mW green modules for sale.

Don't forget some safety goggles too, otherwise you won't be able to admire the beauty of laser beams for long.

Enjoy your stay , be safe!

Morgan

Welcome to LPF :wave:.

Loads of useful info here. Be sure to read the, "Rules and Stickies", and, "FAQs", sections but all you need to know is here and available with a bit of searching and sensible questioning.

You'll have something up and running in no time.

Check out the links in my sig below for the basics and clues.

Enjoy your time here and ignore the idiots who post nothing useful or just use LPF as a chatroom. ;)

M
:)

Morgan

Well at least Spankz now knows who you are, since you stuck your head up.

Can't blame anyone but yourself for that one.

Sometimes being quiet is the right thing to do.

M
:)

Last edited: