Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, I'm Grant!

Someone told me I should introduce myself here, so here I am :)

I'm not much into laser pointers - but I am getting into laser engraving and cutting. I just built myself an MPCNC machine, and have a 405nm 500mW laser module on the way to try some laser cutting. Depending on how that works out I may end up getting a more powerful laser.

So far the threads and people here have been a great help in finding appropriate safety glasses. I like having eyes, and I didn't quite trust the $5 ones on ebay. Yay for all the useful information you have built up here!

Last edited:

Hi Welcome you can check out Survival lasers for great glasses you get what you pay for and safety has no price tag. Buy a good pair once and they will last a lifetime.Enjoy and be safe..

Rich:)

Hi Welcome you can check out Survival lasers for great glasses you get what you pay for and safety has no price tag. Buy a good pair once and they will last a lifetime.Enjoy and be safe..

Rich:)

Yep, I got the nice looking slip on ones to go over my regular glasses. Glasses themselves aren't a bad price. The $30 shipping charge to Canada seems a bit much, but I'm ok paying for decent safety equipment.

They will certainly work better than my brother's suggestion of "just keep your eyes closed when the laser is on".

Encap

Thanks for doing the Welcome thread and Welcome.

You bought a good pair of goggles--safety has to always come first.

Enjoy the forum. The LPF database has a wealth of info on most anything laser or laser related.
You can access it by using the LPF Search at the bottom of the page.

Each sub-forum has "sticky" threads with very informative and useful information.

Welcome Grant, if you are going to become a fairly active member here, I'd like to recommend you are vetted by a forum veteran of your choice. We've had a banned member come in and continue to make neew member identities, due to this, all new members are suspect to me, until someone can confirm you aren't him coming back for more games. Interested?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Grant, glad to see safety is a priority! :beer:

Be sure and post some photos of your setup when you get it finished (or even before), we all like pics here. :yh:

:wave: Welcome to the Forum Grant...
Enjoy your stay an be Laser safe.

Jerry

Welcome Grant, if you are going to become a fairly active member here, I'd like to recommend you are vetted by a forum veteran of your choice. We've had a banned member come in and continue to make neew member identities, due to this, all new members are suspect to me, until someone can confirm you aren't him coming back for more games. Interested?

I don't see why not. My account is using my real life name, so I'm not exactly trying to hide my identity.

I wouldn't ask except we have had a large number of new members coming into the forum to troll us, now I'm getting heat from other members for trying to "police" new members. OK, screw this, you guys just keep on answering questions of this troll who keeps coming in here all of the time. This guy or anyone I ask may be legit, I just don't know. I am taking another break, nap time for me brothers.