Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Washington State

Leeman

My name is Lee and I have been lurking in these forums for a while now. Lasers do fascinate me and it's great to see such a passionate community!

Hello everyone!
Lee

*edit* My first name is George but I prefer to go by my middle name, Lee. Apologies to hakzaw1 for not explaining that in our initial conversation! I do use George at work :confused:

Last edited:

Welcome Lee,
Here is the place laser building and safety starts. Plenty of info if you use the search button. Enjoy your stay you will learn a lot from the fine folks here.

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Lee! :)

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy your stay.

Hi! Welcome :)

Hope you learn a lot - A lot of Qs have already been answered but there's new stuff every day so do get involved!

As mentioned above - stay safe, only got one set of eyeballs so look after them!

Welcome to the LPF, George Lee, from another Washingtonian. I'm in Tacoma. Where do you live? This is the place if you are interested in all things laser. I hope you are able to learn as much as you hope to.

Leeman

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm just south of you in Vancouver. I can't believe the wealth of information in this community. Hopefully I will get up the courage to build my own!

Oh, I lived in Vancouver during the early to mid 80s. My daughter was born in Portland when we had a house in Vancouver. She is also in Tacoma, but is in her mid thirties now and hasn't lived with me since she graduate high school then turned 18. That was sometime ago now.

I told you everybody will be nice..WELCOME!!
You have already met some of our best members in every way.

Not all are JL owners but there are quite a few..AND some 'repeat offenders' like JEFF (BTG)
you live in a nice part of the country.. And we do have some members not all that far away.
I am about to list the ones I told you about... they have been in a thread in the Vets section... they deserved first options.. BUT These need new homes.. so let me know if you want temp 'dibbs' and will hold of selling that one or more those..
I can place a WTB thread for you in our BS&T section for a 405- until you have a few more posts ATM you need one of us to post for you until then.. I hope we can find you a sweet 405.. it is one of the favs here.
We dont care that it is hard to see the beam-- they have the best divergence -- very tight small beam- and one of the fastest to burn things.. thus one that is not always
seen as dangerous.. WRONG!
Even the 3$ bluray pointers can damage the eyes. They offer all those as 5mW .. but today's pointers can add up to >200mW when you have 'all' three.. they list them that way due to ebay rules..

Pics and specs on all JLs at JL.org-- the 'old' PL-Es are no longer listed. As well as other older JLs no Pl-Cs being sold new... makes our's more unique.. some go for higher prices than when they were new at JL.. (like the Ti-B- titanium host)

To see pics go to JL.org as I do not plan to post them all again.(they are up now at VET Section)

PM coming.. VR Len

Sorry. I was very busy yesterday and only saw your PM this morning. I sent you a lot of information about how you might go about building your own 405nm laser. Hope it helps. Let me know if you need more information. ;)