Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Washington State, USA

GooeyGus said:
I actually saw "Laser Floyd -- Dark side of the moon". I really wanted to see the wall, but the girlfriend didn't want to wait till midnight, so we went down around 9 and dark side of the moon started at 9:15
At least last-time I was there, they did not need to add "fog" during the "Midnight Laser-Floyd's wall, if you know what I mean, the audience seamed to handle it for them.
DH

Haha yeah... I think, from what I saw, there were a lot of people that took care of that before hand ;D

i was actually at the science center not too long ago, but I've never seen any laser dome. However I did see a rather large pillar of guitars. Have you seen that?

mikeeey said:
i was actually at the science center not too long ago, but I've never seen any laser dome. However I did see a rather large pillar of guitars. Have you seen that?
I have seen the big "multi-colored pile o' crap" down there, I have never been able to make a guitar out of it, maybe from the air??
(for those not in WA, mikeeey is refering to the sometimes controversial "Experience Music Project")
DH

The EMP is really neat inside. I went there a looooong time ago when it first opened. I got offered to play guitar with some famous folk singer but I was like 13 years old and really shy so I turned it down, thats one thing I still really regret :( They have instruments set up that you can play, I had been playing guitar for about two years at that point and I was rocking out lol. I'd assume it's not often that you see a 13 year old 'shredding'.

But yeah.. laser dome... whos going and when?

GooeyGus said:
The EMP is really neat inside. I went there a looooong time ago when it first opened. I got offered to play guitar with some famous folk singer but I was like 13 years old and really shy so I turned it down, thats one thing I still really regret  :(  They have instruments set up that you can play, I had been playing guitar for about two years at that point and I was rocking out lol. I'd assume it's not often that you see a 13 year old 'shredding'.

Sorry I wasn't trashing on the EMP, ok well I was, but you have to admit that thing is...... ::) , and to think, they tore-down the King Dome down because it was ugly!
I would be up for the Laser Show, you know there are no day-time shows, I think the first-show is like at 9:00. But my wife and daughter have been wanting to go anyway. A Saturday seams most appropriate?
DH

Dark_Horse said:
[quote author=GooeyGus link=1213910964/80#84 date=1217909098]The EMP is really neat inside. I went there a looooong time ago when it first opened. I got offered to play guitar with some famous folk singer but I was like 13 years old and really shy so I turned it down, thats one thing I still really regret  :(  They have instruments set up that you can play, I had been playing guitar for about two years at that point and I was rocking out lol. I'd assume it's not often that you see a 13 year old 'shredding'.

Sorry I wasn't trashing on the EMP, ok well I was,  but you have to admit that thing is...... ::) , and to think, they tore-down the King Dome down because it was ugly!
I would be up for the Laser Show, you know there are no day-time shows, I think the first-show is like at 9:00. But my wife and daughter have been wanting to go anyway. A Saturday seams most appropriate?
DH
[/quote]

Yeah I think the earliest is at 8pm, and I believe it's "Laser Queen". If anything we should just go this weekend and figure out an ' LPF meet' later :D

I cant wait to go back...

DH
[/quote]

Yeah I think the earliest is at 8pm, and I believe it's "Laser Queen". If anything we should just go this weekend and figure out an ' LPF meet' later  :D

I cant wait to go back...[/quote]

I can commit to this Saturday night, who else??

I'll see you guys when I can drive, just give me another month or so :D

To any who may be interested:
Gooey Gus and I will be attending the Laser Dome show tomorrow night, (8-9-08), at the Pacific Science Center, if anybody else would like to meet us there. ;)
Here is the link to the shows: http://www.seattlelaserdome.com/ We will be going to the 8:00pm showing of "Queen", (it is the earliest).
Hope to see some Washington LPF people there! :)
DH

i wish i could go, maybe next time.

------

btw we might move, this new house which has an awesome view, it's still in everett, but it has a view that overlooks the snohomish valley, and beyond that are hills, and beyond that are the cascade mountains. to the left you can see Mount Baker. It's awesome, the view is huge and awesome! and If we get this house I cant wait to shine my laser at the mountains and through the valley.

maybe if somebody were to come by my place of residence and pick me up and also provide me sufficient funds... i just might be able to go! lol

daguin

HumanSymphony said:
maybe if somebody were to come by my place of residence and pick me up and also provide me sufficient funds... i just might be able to go! lol

And could you press it into a module for me? :D :p ;)

Peace,
dave

HumanSymphony said:
lol if i tried this... well.. how do you think parents view strangers from the internet? haha.

mikeeey said:
[quote author=HumanSymphony link=1213910964/80#91 date=1218247942]maybe if somebody were to come by my place of residence and pick me up and also provide me sufficient funds... i just might be able to go! lol
lol if i tried this... well.. how do you think parents view strangers from the internet? haha.[/quote]
well they're not STRANGER strangers lol if anything they're more like family! ha ;D

HumanSymphony said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1213910964/80#93 date=1218250933][quote author=HumanSymphony link=1213910964/80#91 date=1218247942]maybe if somebody were to come by my place of residence and pick me up and also provide me sufficient funds... i just might be able to go! lol
lol if i tried this... well.. how do you think parents view strangers from the internet? haha.[/quote]
well they're not STRANGER strangers lol if anything they're more like family! ha  ;D[/quote]

Well maybe a little strange ;)
I could probably provide a lift, if that helps, Bothell right? (I do not "solder leads on though").
DH