Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from the United States

Hey all, I'm new to the forum as of today. I bought a cheap 30mw green laser pointer from Dealextreme over a year ago and have been interested in lasers ever since.

I'm an engineer, I'm sure I could build one on my own if I knew the in and out of a laser, but I don't yet, I only know the basics for now.

I just ordered a 95mw Viper from Dragonlasers.com, still waiting for it to come in. I've seen many good reviews on Dragonlasers. The CNI laser pointer seems like a quailty device no matter what company you order them from, only the price seems to be different.

Once I get it in the mail I'll do a review for it.

If anyone has advice/comments about Dragonlasers (especially the 95mw Viper), please feel free to send them.

Thanks!

f...08 ---

I got a DL95 about three years ago -- back when they cost a lot of $$. I've carried it in my shirt pocket every day since I got it and it's looking worn. Dropped it on the street once too. Right now, I tested it at 108 mW. It has never failed to impress anyone with its output. I just dust the lens occasionally.

HMike

Thanks man, seems like I picked out a good laser then. I'm pretty sure the worst part about this laser is waiting for the thing to get delivered, I just can't wait to use it!

Thanks man, seems like I picked out a good laser then. I'm pretty sure the worst part about this laser is waiting for the thing to get delivered, I just can't wait to use it!

Hello and welcome to the forum!:beer:

You made a good decision with your purchase. Like Mike I have had my DL-95 for quite a while...it is the most used laser I own. Mine is also a bit over-spec as yours will probably be.

Welcome to the forum.:wave: Other then the diodes, lasers are fairly simple electronic devices. You will be building them in no time. You will feel that awful feeling of killing a diode,:cryyy:(don't start with the $$$ ones) you will feel the thrill of building a unit and pressing the button for the first time and see that wonderful bright beam burst forth.:D

mat.jpg