Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from the UK

Hi everyone, My name is Ken and I am currently in England. I have been interested in lasers for several years and have been slowly building my collection which includes some home builds, and gas lasers.

I have been reading the forums for a long time and have decided to join, mainly because I want to get in on some of that 445nm action which im sure you are all into!

Well thats about it! See you all around

HIMNL9

Welcome to LPF !

Please read FAQs and safety related posts ..... remember, always safety first ;)

more UKers!
welcome to the forum and remember about eye safety!
its a must for these new discovered diodes because these can and have produced over 1W.

stuart :)

Morgan

What 445nm action? There's a new wavelength around? Why did no-one tell me?!!!! :crackup:j/k

Yeah, there's been a bit of talk about it!

Plenty of GBs going on but the safety aspect of these is an important issue. I think sellers want to be sure they are not contributing to a, I hesitate to say, growing problem of laserpointer abuse by the irresponsible.

I'm certainly not saying that's you at all, just be prepared to show you know what you're doing if asked. Apparently Casio have already been informed that some think these projectors are going to cause problems.

On the lighter side though. Welcome to LPF. Loads of info to absorb and loads of knowledgeable people to help. Enjoy your time with us as an active member. If you've been reading a while then you'll have a flavour of what goes on so... Get involved! :wave:

M
:)

Safety is important to me, I am involved a lot with safety in my current job, eye safety especially working in a an automated welding plant so lasers aside I am pretty good at looking after them, I still have 2!

Other than that I am currently trying to build a Nitrogen laser from scratch when I get the time!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

HIMNL9

What 445nm action? There's a new wavelength around? Why did no-one tell me?!!!! :crackup:j/k

Naah ..... in reality, there's nothin true about new 445nm diodes ..... (they are just 450nm ones) ..... sorry, just kidding :p :D

Morgan

Naah ..... in reality, there's nothin true about new 445nm diodes ..... (they are just 450nm ones) ..... sorry, just kidding :p :D

A myth! I knew it! I'm asking Scopeguy for a refund! (Hang on, I better pay him before asking that!!!) :crackup:

No problem hecatec. Glad to know you already have an understanding of safety.

Nitrogen laser eh? I look forward to pics of that. May be a little understated next to a 445nm though! :D

Good to have you aboard.

M
:)

Asherz

Welcome to the forum mate :)

Good to have another Uk'er (if that's a word?) :)