Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Sweet Home Alabama

Hey, Im new to lpf but i just wanted to say hey to everybody and this is an amazing forum. Thanks :)

-Cj

Last edited:

Hey back cowboy, and welcome to LPF!!!

Make sure to read the Stickys on any main topic before posting, I had members tell me this when I posted a 'welcome' thread for myself. I did read those stickied threads and let me tell you, they help so much in telling you just about everything you need or want to know about lasers.

And if you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask me...
I'll be nice and not just refer you to the search button.

Good luck on this forum!!!

Thanks viper, will do. i believe in searching a little before giving up and asking someone, because thats just the kind of person i am, but i will definitely keep u in mind when i come across something that i need help with. Thanks for the warm welcome, and happy lasering. :)

I am very glad to hear you don't give up easily, you sound like the type of person I could get along with.

Since joining this forum, or before, do you have any laser projects you are working on?

Not yet, Im a true noob to lasers. I got interested in lasers, much like alot of people, just bc i saw a video of a laser burning some matches. I intend on getting a laser that will burn, but im still searching for one that will be the most effective and least costly. I will also purchase glasses after im sure that the laser makes it through customs too because i know all about the dangers of lasers.Any hints or helpful tips on a laser? Like ur personal preference of maybe o-like or something like that?

Something that is always good to keep in mind is reflective surfaces...they are hidden everywhere and just a quick flash on a perpendicular reflective surface will direct the light back at you and 'flash' the laser in your eyes.

I am sure most people on this forum have done it at least once. I have and it scared the crap out of me. I had a ghost image for a few hours, but it went away probably because it was only a '5mW' green.

Also, for chinese companies I prefer O-like and Rayfoss. Either of them are a great place to get your first laser. Yes, you have to wait for two to three weeks to get it, but the price is right and the quality is very good for either of these companies. Links here:

Rayfoss

O-Like

Good luck in everthing laser!!!

I am sure we will talk more soon.