Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from San Diego.

depending upon which version of windows you have--
I place my pics on my desktop rt click and click 're-size' then click medium and re-size don't make a copy = otherwise you will have duplicates and you don't need that -for reasons that escape me the newer windows has changed it to IMO a much harder method of resizing using 'paint' and %- I NEVER got that TO WORK FOR ME..
AND BESIDES IT TAKES MUCH LONGER TOO-

TY Microsoft for nothing!!

Apeik

test -- edit: just went into photobucket settings and changed upload size. Is this better or smaller still?
2nd edit: it's also misleading because when im on my phone it resizes everything i post pretty small, this is the first time ive went on lpf on my desktop.

Last edited:
yeah that's perfect

I have no clue how you guys to the 'net' on a fricken fone- am I supposed to now make all my messages very short --when you see one from me ..I suggest you wait til you are sitting at a laptop or bigger-- NO WAY should anyone be trying to even just read from a fone while driving I HAVE -my 'worries' about this have me typing this; 'DO NOT READ THIS WHILE DRIVING PLEASE'!!before I send messg.

haK

Apeik

Well good sir, i'm one less person you need to worry about. I am of the group that doesn't approve to texting and driving in any way because it costs alot of lives every year. On the other hand, im only 35 and have a very large phone so reading stuff is actually very easy.

OVNI

What's the host in the last picture in your first post? I did a vape host too here. In the replies you'll find others who have also. Gotta love DTR's 22mm modules.

And I use Imgur to post pictures. Add the letter 's' (without the quotes) to the picture ID and you get a small picture, the letter 'm' to get medium, and 'l' for large. I think there are others variations too. Photobucket might have something similar.

Apeik

That's actually my gp paps SS V3 from vapourart. It really only fits one 18650. I can mod the top pin to get two 18350's into it but I'm actually trading it today possibly for a gp X lux. Hopefully there's a mm or two extra in the new mod. None of these are remotely affordable by the way haha. Your aspire thread is actually the first thread I saw after finding DTR's adapters. That light up button it pretty cool. I actually run my m140 with one battery all the time in the house because it's not insane bright. Just guessing it's maybe a quarter brightness compared to 2w with 2 batteries. And it barely ever heats up. I've tried everything I have with electronics and the two old school mods in the first pic both fire it up to 6 volts but they do weird stuff and sometimes pulse so I don't wanna mess anything up. All the newer stuff I have that hits 9 volts checks ohms and since there are none won't even try to fire it.
Someone mentioned possibly adding a 2 ohm resistor inside the module, but I'm no electrician and not sure how that would effect the actual laser.

Apeik

Here is the DTR module on my new GP X lux host housing 2 18350 batteries. I think i may have a problem. Collecting, and not enough money for more 22mm modules/diodes.
P.S. Not sure if i should have just made a thread other than my welcome for all of these pics, or if they perhaps should have went in DTR's adapter thread but that doesn't seem like the right place either. Thanks for the addiction guy's. :takeit:

And one Beamshot with all 3 lasers i currently own. The ebay specials dont like the big one. :gun:

Edit: couldn't make first picture smaller so deleted it, lesson learned no vertical phone pics.

Last edited:

Apeik

I have seen you put alot of time in on hosts with the 22mm adapters, read it all a few times. Hopefully you're feeling better these days. Thanks for the welcome.

Reactions: GSS

Apeik

I would really like to do a 1w green in a dtr 22mm module, however I have to much stuff that kind of money needs to go to before a laser. So possibly a 405nm or something more reasonable till I win the lottery. =D
Edit: I have to many expensive hobbies. Probably over 8k in the quad and my wife still loves me, can't beat it.

Last edited:
Wow your wife is a keeper...... she won't even nag you about spending money on toys....
i bet she even enjoy your hobby..... are there any 2 x 18650 mod out there?

Apeik

Ya we've been married 9 years, together for 13. I am a pretty lucky guy. Besides vaping she doesn't get into my hobbies. Although she's always on board to some extent because i do everything with my 5 y.o. son. He has a 50cc gas quad, an rc monster truck, a cheapie ebay laser(that he only get's to use with me and glasses) that pops balloons and light's matches. He has alot of fun. As far as double stacked 18650 mods ive yet to find any. There is one that uses 26650 stacked, the BFM from bay city vapor and i belive one or two other ones. Also there is series or parallel mechanical boxes for 18650's. I personally dont think it would look very good with a laser so i havn't bothered. Also no way to lock those as far as i know. For me i just run stacked 18350 imr batteries since you can find alot of mods that will fit 2. :eg:

Last edited:
If you have a normal charger, take 2 wires and 4 neodymium magnets and solder each magnet to an end of the wire. Now you have jumper wires to charge your batteries. I might add that it works well if you put the small magnets in a vice. When you solder them do it fast as the heat will destroy the magnets. Also when the soldering iron hits the magnet it will want to stick, pull sideways.

If you're down in Texas anytime hit me up I'll take you to the RC track here in Temple. It's pretty nice actually. It's a 1/10th scale track though. I do know where an 1/8th scale track is as well that is fairly decent.
I run a 2wd SC10 mod class.

Last edited:

Apeik

Interesting, i actually have a bunch of family outside temple but have yet to go there in the 10 years they've been living there. Sadly the chances of me getting there with a 15lb rc car is slim to none unless for some reason i drove. if it ends up happenening ill hit you up for sure though. About the magnet's with wires hooked to them, are you referring to charging 26650's? i don't actually have any was just wondering if they even fit in decent 4 bay chargers. looking at my Luc v4, it says 26650 right on it now that i actually looked at it though. =D