Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from NM

metony612

Hello Dan I'm also from MN. I hope you find what your looking for. Have a great time searching

I know we live in a culture of safety, but its just how things work fellas, off the Internet forums in real life.
I'm sorry, off the internet in real life - if you blind a driver or pilot you have committed multiple crimes and will hopefully be arrested for endangering many lives.

People with your attitude to safety in this way - and those who carelessly talk about blinding drivers of vehicles are the types of people who are going to get this hobby regulated out of existence. Laws designed to target people using lasers unsafely aren't going to discriminate between a laser hobbyist who knows the dangers and keeps their laser use safe and someone who's out there to cause trouble or injury.

Thanks fellas, I guess I should have said for astronomy purposes not hit the moon. a bit ambitious. I want a green laser without doing a lot of research into it I just want to mess with it , of course using a safety glasses. When I was in the Army we had a green laser that was very powerful used for calling in aircraft it was green laser. We would also shine it in windows to disrupts people in their. I just thought it would be cool to have something like that.

Welcome to the Forum Daniel.... I think...:cautious:
Me smells someting... I think... :unsure:

Jerry

It's a shame when we encounter people with this attitude. But, there are many people of all backgrounds and there are bound to be some that like to push against the law just for fun. There is really nothing any of us can do but try to change minds. When that fails my best option is to ignore them. To continue to beat a dead horse is an exercise in futility.

rustynuts

welcome,
the moon experiment laser needs to be around 10w green, however, the real expensive bit is the 1meter telescope to allow a sensitive detector to detect the reflected photons from that distance That will cost ya at least 250k not including a mount capable of a 300lb payload not to mention the observatory for it all.

Hello Dan I'm also from MN. I hope you find what your looking for. Have a great time searching
ARE you planning to do much here??
are you NOT a newcomer?
will you PLEASE make a nice intro and place it in the welcome section--posting in another's thread does not count as your intro.. Putting Minn in the title as other have done is a no-brainer. It needs to be there.

put it also in your profile.

This was not a big problem before the forum changed.. in the old forum your location appears every time you post..its there below your sig. the new forum does not allow that-- THis way is NOT better.. It keeps us from finding others... this becomes even more important when a LEM is being organized.. we may have 50 members saying they live in TEXAS but.. many do not give that up.. we cannot invite anyone who will not put their location in their personal profile and in the title of their intro thread.

last bit o advice??
avoid double posting- we should only see 'doubles' (or more) when it is a BUMP for a 'for sale' thread-to keep it near the top...

you should have used edit --

YOU can correct this by going back to your 'double'- Copy one, then dele then edit the other and add to your post ...easy chezzy.

also if you do not know the meaning of 'necro posting' look it up.

enjoy lasers safely at all times.

hak

MAYBE we read or heard that wrong.

I think Dan was MAYBE referring to windows in buildings occupied by the enemy--same for cars.
Did not hear him say anything about cars or homes etc around him ATM.

...there is a big diff between the two.

LPF wants to say thank you for your service, Dan.

Some of our finest members where in the military.
AND the forum would be honored to help you in any way.

It takes time & experience to make yourself safe and those around you... and higher powers are not the best teaching tool. IF, GOD forbid, there is an injury PLEASE PM any Mod or vet here before posting in open forum.

Thank you for understanding & hope you enjoy lasers safely.
If you would like to know how bad things can be
read this

laserpointersafety.org

PM me if you need to. hak

Last edited: