Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Alberta Canada

Hi all,

I have never been happier to find a forum. This is what I needed before I went and made a mistake buying the wrong thing. I am busy educating myself and am looking to purchase a Blord special. Sounds like a nice product.

I am from Canada, More northern part so it get's dark early in the winter. Figured this is a great place for some laser action!!!

Nice to meet you all

Cheers
Mags

Reactions: ARG

ARG

Welcome! :D

The forum could always use more Canadians. :)

Hello magnumb,

Welcome to the forums. It has been many many years since I visited Alberta, I hope not much has changed, I remember it as being much like the mountains and national forest ares of central Washington. It was an adventure I will never forget in Jasper and Banff national parks. Over many years I did lots of backpacking/camping/exploring wilderness areas, and at a campsite that I think was a 20 or 30 minute drive from Lake Louise was the only time I ever encountered a grizzly bear in the wild, I also remember many moose everywhere and myself and two others witnessed a huge avalanche up way too close. I wish more people could experience such things in person instead of only seeing them in a documentary on television.

Alan

Spuzzy

I've always thought nothing beats northern Canadas Stunning sky, aurora borealis!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys and gals.

I am happy to say Alberta is as Beautiful as ever. We have a cabin in the foothills of the Rockies and a bear wanders into cabin row at least once a year if not twice.

Pi R Squared - sounds like you had some amazing adventures. It's always awesome to hear people talk about their fond memories of Alberta. It's a stunning Province, but many people don't understand that and just consider it the great white north. It has so much to offer in any direction. Also Big Sky country is here. Prairies nestled against the eastern slopes of the rockies and those monster prairie storms. Hwy 40 the trout highway not far away....sadly partially washed out in places like Kaninaskis after all that flooding. Amazing place.

I see we have people from Saskatchewan and BC. Awesome provinces too. I grew up in Kamloops. Glad to see lots of Canadians here!!!

Thanks for the welcome all