Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello and goodbye. We're doomed!

gozert

Hahahaha
You know what they say, it's neither! The glass is just twice as big as it needs to be!

Why use a glass? I heard they have bagged milk these days. Let's all drink from a bag instead of a glass!

Just reading the title "WE'RE DOOMED" makes me think about Iran going Nuclear.

Now I don't agree with this guy, we need out nuclear deterrent, but Iran and the radical want to die for the glory of their god maniacs are about to join the club, and we are worried about laser laws.
News Flash : We are facing much bigger dangers and we are not doing anything to stop it.
No our supreme commander is paving the way and we are not even allowed to read the side deals they signed and they want my laser, or my gun...like I'm the danger.
I'm trying to think of a nice way to say they can go F%$k them selves, alone in the corner, with a rusty shovel.

Last edited:

Gabe

I'm trying to think of a nice way to say they can go F%$k them selves, alone in the corner, with a rusty shovel.

If you wouldn't mind, ladies and gentlemen, I persuade you to take this heavily oxidized excavating tool, relocate yourself to the outermost point of this room, and while in solitary, proceed to insert said tool into your anal cavity, and thus rectum, repeatedly. Without lubrication would be preferable.

Pman

Welcome and I was also expecting something different and wouldn't have been surprised if it was that other something.
As far as the rest I'm for "anything" that ups the donations, stuck at 1/2 glass and completely believe it's not lasers or drones or anything of that simple nature that the world should be concerned about.
I have a lot of very different friends here (or I think I do) with differing opinions on things than I do but I do appreciate all who contribute (Im not really talking $) in some way and I especially like how we can help each other and everyone can find a way to contribute in some form. So a big thank you to all who try to give back and not just take. Don't have much worth in my eyes if you believe everyone somehow owes you and you always need to get something in return.

Encap

Welcome Henee---enjoy the forum---is a great forum with many brilliant, knowledgeable, and technically skilled craftsman members and laser enthusiasts.

Doomed is a relative term.

I think the media exhausted their interest in the high output power aspect of modern handheld lasers with all the stories about Wicked Lasers Arctic promoted/marketed as the " World's most powerful handheld laser" .

I have not seen any mention of "new breed of battery powered superlasers" and lasers above 1W have been available for a long time now.

The new laws and regulations and restrictions concerning hand held battery powered lasers output limits are already in place in USA, UK, EU, and most other places attempting to mitigate posible danger and damage done idiots who become a menace to themselves and others with the purchase of a laser.

The most serious problem by far comes when laser pointers are aimed towards aircraft. People have been arrested and even jailed for shining lasers towards planes and helicopters. This is pretty much all we see these days in the media about lasers.

An excellent web site with chapter and verse---comprehensive coverage of all these issues and most questions --- laws, rules, regulations , and concerns worldwide, is this one--have a look: http://www.laserpointersafety.com/index.html:

Last edited:
Why use a glass? I heard they have bagged milk these days. Let's all drink from a bag instead of a glass!

That also works well for wine, I buy the 5 liter cartons of Franzia, the wine is in a bag inside the box. This is also more efficient for transporting giving it a smaller carbon footprint.

Anyway my cup never runneth over. It is always less than half full these days.

Alan

Henee; I'm now counting down the day's before these things hit the media and the new public ememy number one (on either side of the Atlantic ) with exagerated and sensationalist headlines concerning this "new breed of battery powered superlaser".

They ain't seen nothing yet, I can't even talk about what I'm building as a portable laser pointer in public but I will say this, it draws 40 amps and about 15 pounds weight!

Last edited:
I've been wanting to repurpose an entire vee one or a block of 05T's, seems nobody has a single pulled 05T that I can buy loose for T&E and I'll be damned if the V units didn't drop to 629.00 a couple weeks ago, but now they are all 699.99 and up, must be a hot item right now.

That and were all still on hold for optics, I was thinking if the 05T has power like the 44 with divergence like the 07E I might could get away with 4X or even 3X but short of buying a block nobody has any details other that the bit I can find, but nothing about divergence.

Sure I could go outside colorful for sheer single emitter power, but pretty is half the fun.
I suppose I could do both, but there's a show this weekend and I want more toys than my disposable income budget will allow.

Last edited: