Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello All

Greetings and Salutations,

My name is John, I reside in Green Bay, WI (GO PACK!!) I have always been interested in lasers but the relative high cost I have never been able to really explore the hobby. The whole WL press made me interested again. I had ordered on but after 2 months of waiting I canceled.

So now I plan on building my own 445. I have a diode, an AixiZ module, and a 445 glass AixiZ lens.

I still need a driver, a host, and some batteries. I am getting them one at a time.

If this build goes will I plan on building others of different wavelengths.

Also if anyone has a diagram of how the diode fits into the AixiZ module that would be helpful...i think i know but would rather be sure.

I hope to learn lots!

Hello John.

I might be able to breifly instruct you on inserting your diode in the axiz module. Its quite simple really. You just unscrew the mid section of the module and insert the window of the diode facing the lens of the module. Then you can take the end of the axiz module and the hole that is drilled in the end will go over the diode pins. You then use cloth/leather/cardboard/rubber (as not to damage anything) and put it on the front and back of the module. You then use a vice and slowly close the vise till the diode is flush with the module. Then your all done! There are videos that show you how but I am at work right now and am unable to provide links. Best of wishes.

Regards,
Jeff

Hello John.

I might be able to breifly instruct you on inserting your diode in the axiz module. Its quite simple really. You just unscrew the mid section of the module and insert the window of the diode facing the lens of the module. Then you can take the end of the axiz module and the hole that is drilled in the end will go over the diode pins. You then use cloth/leather/cardboard/rubber (as not to damage anything) and put it on the front and back of the module. You then use a vice and slowly close the vise till the diode is flush with the module. Then your all done! There are videos that show you how but I am at work right now and am unable to provide links. Best of wishes.

Regards,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the incite....I completely understand what you are saying...the only follow up question I have is that the hole in the top of the module seems to be threaded. Is this normal, will it damage the diode?

Thanks

I'm not quite sure what you are saying.

The top half of the module has the lens assembly. the other half is a tube with one end being threaded and the other end having a small hole in it. The tube is what you would use to push the diode in. The lens elassembly however would have a lens on one end and threads on the other, on the threaded end there should be a small hole aswell. this is where your diode will go. if there is threads in that small hole then I am not sure what you have.

I will try and post a picture of it later. I do believe that the hole that the diode is supposed to go in is threaded.

I when I get home ill post ya some macros of how it should be done. I have a spare diode and module laying around :) shouldn't be too much trouble.

the aixiz is 2 sections. a long section sometimes called the "pill" or "cavity" and the short section which is were the diode goes. now this short section should only have 2 sets of threads. and they one is inner threads for the lens. and the others are outher threads for the Pill. now if you look on the flat back side of the short aixiz section you will see small hole about 5.6mm LoL. it will be slightly beveled so that way it makes pressing your diode in easier.

Now when you press it in you wat the pins of the diode to be facing the where the pill will screw on which leaves the glass window of the diode facing in towards the inner threads of the lens section.

Welcome John to LPF. More info than a person can read, but I'm trying. lol
A lot to be learned here and many good people.
I did read that when you press a blue diode in, press it deeper than flush with the back of the module for easier focusing. Reds can just be pressed flush with no problems.

IsaacT

Welcome to LPF! Watch this video, it will show you how to use the module:

Again, welcome and enjoy your stay! :D

Also, use the above video with some discretion, because depending on the driver you end up using, shorting the case and negative pins together could be potentially disastrous.

Last edited: