Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello all

Junjack11

Hello all I’m a newbie to the laser world however I was really big into flashlights prior to purchasing my first laser so I’m not completely clueless as to the safety and fun that comes from owning such devices. Well just wanted to say hello to everyone formerly. Hope you all are well.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Junjack! :)

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay.

WELCOME Jack

plz add your location into your profile AND in the title of your 'intro' you never know how close another member will be to you.

Lots of benefits like free laser metering for life.

AND it would be a shame to miss a LEM near you--those are epic-events - AND you will never be asked WHY Lasers??

I have met ~100 forum members, their families and guests at LEMs (mostly @ SELEM in NC)
ALL the finest people you will ever meet!!

hope to meet you too.

Len in TEXAS

Junjack11

WELCOME Jack

plz add your location into your profile AND in the title of your 'intro' you never know how close another member will be to you.

Lots of benefits like free laser metering for life.

AND it would be a shame to miss a LEM near you--those are epic-events - AND you will never be asked WHY Lasers??

I have met ~100 forum members, their families and guests at LEMs (mostly @ SELEM in NC)
ALL the finest people you will ever meet!!

hope to meet you too.

Len in TEXAS
Okay I’ll go edit it now. I live in New York. Yeah that would be a cool perk although I do plan on purchasing a meter at some point. Nothing too expensive or fancy just one that works for the range of lasers I hope to own. Currently I have a Thor M2 1.6w which is amazing for my first high powered laser, and I just received my second laser today however I regret buying it. I set the purchase prior to joining this forum and had ordered it from AliExpress it’s supposed to be a 1w Gatling red 650nm but I bet it doesn’t even break 50mw I can’t feel any heat coming the laser what so ever. Huge disappointment and lesson learned.

Welcome, I've been a forum member here a few years and I've had some rough times in the past with some members, but overall, a delightful experience and have come to appreciate the community more and more as time passes. Wanted to welcome you and also give you my thoughts on the forum and why it is a great place, as long as you get along with everyone through extending common courtesies and observing normal forum etiquette it can be a resource for both long lasting online friendships and information, sharing each others interest in various aspects of this hobby is a lot of fun.

I'm sure you have experienced the same in your flashlight forums, but I believe this particular group are top notch.

Last edited:

Junjack11

So I’m looking into purchasing a 3w 450nm laser but can’t make a decision on where to get it.im considering a few different websites but would like some advice from people who have hopefully had experience with these sites. I’m currently looking into kitlasers.com, sanwu, burninglaserpointers.com, c4lasers.com or I was going to possibly get a CNI 3w laser direct from there store on aliexpress. Just having a hard time committing to one.

Encap

CNI on Aliexpress is a fake CNI. They do not offer anything made by the real CNI nor do they have anything to do with them.
The real CNI is here: http://www.cnilaser.com/

Stray away from burninglaserpointer--everything on that site is 3X normal retail price and fraudulently represented---c4lasers is also same 3X overpriced ripoff that misrepresents everything the sell--same goes for kitlaser---they are all ripoff/bandit reseller garbage sites that misrepresent everything they offer + charge 3X too high

Better do more homework.

See: https://www.jetlasers.org/index.php they are a real deal manufacturer---not rip off resellers at 3X ordinary prices

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Encap has got it pretty much covered, Jetlasers and Sanwu are about your best bets in buying a complete laser from China, and Sanwu seems to be having some delivery problems due to the Hong Kong issues.
You could also purchace a custom built laser from one of our builders here, such as Lifetime17.

Junjack11

True jet lasers I looked on there site already it was a bit more than I was looking to spend atm. I have a Thor m2 but wanted something a bit more powerful. I guess I have to do some soul searching lol and when I do come to a decision I’ll let yall know. Thanks for the input I deff appreciate it.