Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Heatsink - closed

Re: Heatsinks - machined to your specs. Optional h

That's pretty insane... 750mW... :eek:

WOOHOO!! got it! thanks alot. very well made. now i just gotta get the batteries. does anyone know where to get the batts and a charger in on package? Thanks again!

Received the host and heatsink today, very nice thank you. Too bad the host (ultrafire C3 SS) wasn't as professionally done as your heatsink ;) I have one here and they both have quirks maybe between the two I'll have the perfect one. Thanks again, the whole process was much faster than I expected.

tone1132 said:
WOOHOO!! got it! thanks alot. very well made. now i just gotta get the batteries. does anyone know where to get the batts and a charger in on package? Thanks again!
I can't think of a rechargable lithiums + batts in one pack, but DX does sell a nice charger for $12.43 and $6 for two lithium 3.7v protected. It comes in one package in the mail ;D

20vturbo said:
Received the host and heatsink today, very nice thank you.  Too bad the host (ultrafire C3 SS) wasn't as professionally done as your heatsink ;) I have one here and they both have quirks maybe between the two I'll have the perfect one. Thanks again, the whole process was much faster than I expected.
Oh cool. Yeah the hosts are relatively inexpensive so you can always chop and change parts until your happy with the final package.

Thanks Likeitbright, my heatsinks arrived and i must say awesome product :eek: :eek: :eek:
Will look forward to doing business again for sure...
Thanks ;D

How are you with precise drill angles?

I take it you route? CNC or manual?

Materials... do you do CuW-alloy?

Can you do diode press fittings?

How about soft electroplating?

:D

Seriously, though, I've got a love for this flashlight, and you mentioned mad skillz...

Any estimate on a TO-3 cage based on its head? Flat base? Lens thread?

Attachments

• gatlightv3carpetdscn3600.jpg
    gatlightv3carpetdscn3600.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 89

jayrob said:
Eye candy dude! Nice work. :cool: I have skills for simple things like heatsinks, but your threading and machining skills are awesome!

If I sent you an RPL cap, would you be able to duplicate a cap that has the same threads, but will house a clicky switch, similar to Kenom's Kryton tail switch set up?
Jay

you might as well go ahead and make a few, RPL users are everywhere ;)

Oh no, this is just a spare time hobby - I don't do anything excessively complex.

What kind of precision do you go to?

To around 0.01mm.  Really depends on the nature of the part though.  I only do this in my spare time, I'm not a machine shop in a professional sense.

Would it be possible to do a heatsink as shown below, and what would the cost of that be? I'm just checking, I probably can't afford anything at the moment  :'(

By the way, I didn't find my caliper so I couldn't do exact measurements, so I just used a normal ruler but the measurements should be fairly accurate. And the 12mm hole is for the Aixiz module, and you probably have a better measurement of the diameter than I have.

Attachments

• heatsink.gif
    heatsink.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 67

LikeitBright said:
I should be able to make what you want.

Cool. :)

I will PM you some drawings once my paycheck is in; should be in a few days.

I'm fine with doing assembly and such on my end, so I'll try to keep the machining simple to minimize the hassle.

Snytbaggen said:
Would it be possible to do a heatsink as shown below, and what would the cost of that be? I'm just checking, I probably can't afford anything at the moment  :'(

By the way, I didn't find my caliper so I couldn't do exact measurements, so I just used a normal ruler but the measurements should be fairly accurate. And the 12mm hole is for the Aixiz module, and you probably have a better measurement of the diameter than I have.
Something like $15-$20 each shipped depending on quantity.

suiraM said:
[quote author=LikeitBright link=1223610735/60#73 date=1230700596]
I should be able to make what you want.

Cool. :)

I will PM you some drawings once my paycheck is in; should be in a few days.

I'm fine with doing assembly and such on my end, so I'll try to keep the machining simple to minimize the hassle.

[/quote]
Sounds good. :)