Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has anyone ever bought anything from Gadget Town?

jfp999

Gadget town is stationed in US! Meaning fast shipping. And if they quality is decent, they'd be an awesome place to get it. Did anyone buy a laser from them yet?

Guys, I wouldn't, something sounds fishy

Yep, sure does! Like the fact they sell >5mW rated lasers in the USA withOUT any saftey features or FDA approval? Its gotta be a scam. Some one should PM the mod and ask about them.

So technically I could buy ad space on the forum and have it say "kingdave2357 is awesome"???:thinking::whistle:

fishy-copy.jpg

I found it odd how the OP asked the question, it was almost as if he/she was advertising the site, but they have almost 100 posts, so I doubt they joined just to advertise...

Just like focalprice, dealperfect, and Dx, they sell other goods and products, than just lasers, if you go to home page.

jfp999

I found it odd how the OP asked the question, it was almost as if he/she was advertising the site, but they have almost 100 posts, so I doubt they joined just to advertise...

I was just curious. I'm not advertising. Kingdave knows I'm not here to advertise.

If you're paying for the space, why not? :D

-Trevor

Lol, yeah definitely, if I ever win the lotto one day, ill have it put up:eg:

I was just curious. I'm not advertising. Kingdave knows I'm not here to advertise.

Yeah, jfp999 is a cool guy, and isnt here to advertise or spam for cheapo companies:beer:

Its a good idea to have threads like this, keeps people thinking. This gadgettown never even posted in the welcome section or anywhere else to at least say 'hi, buy from us' unless I missed it:thinking:

If its smells fishy, and looks fishy, dont waste your money tasting it, because chances are it IS fish!!:crackup:

I bought a 30mW from them a while ago, the output is inconsistent sometimes, and it didn't come with a charger like they said it would, but they were nice about it and gave me $5 to get one off ebay. The build quality is actually great.

Exerd

Any updates to this question?

Anyone else ever get a 532nm from Gadgettown?

They have "100mW" lasers under $30. I doubt that's possible. If it was true, I would be all over some of them.

Any updates to this question?

Anyone else ever get a 532nm from Gadgettown?

They have "100mW" lasers under $30. I doubt that's possible. If it was true, I would be all over some of them.

Remember the old saying about things that appear to be 'too good to be true';)

I honestly have no idea about their quality, havent seen many reviews or ppl talking about them, hell for <$30 just buy one and post a review here once you get it and check it out, worst case senario, you have a new 5mW greenie to give as a gift or something...

Exerd

hell for <$30 just buy one and post a review here once you get it and check it out

Well, last night I ordered 5 different 532nm lasers from three different sources to do a comparison. I've spent more than I wanted already and there's still plenty more stores with "too good to be true" deals.

The only problem is, it's hard to believe *some* things are too good to be true anymore. This stuff has gotten cheap to the point that deals like this are almost expected to be out there. Ya know?

I bought this one
200mW 532nm DC 3V Open-back Green Beam Laser Pointer : GadgetTown.com

Ordered 10 pm Tuesday. Received shipping notice Thursday morning. Laser arrived today.

The LPM I ordered hasn’t come in yet but it is considerable brighter than my 75mW Viper. It pops balloons and burns through black trash bags really quick.

It is storming here tonight so no outside beam shots can be done, but Ill try to do some tomorrow. Soon as the LPM comes in Ill let everyone know what mW it is.

I bought a 100mW one with the diffraction gratings, and when you take the cap off, it will melt electrical tape, eventually.

Last edited: