Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Harvesting The LOC LPC-815 Diode

This is the harvesting of the LOC diode from the LPC-815 sled.
This is the first of what I hope to be many video tutorials for the basic things involved in DIY lasers.

Awesome, man! Keep 'em coming :D

We'll fill that DT in no time :)!

EDIT: I just watched the video two times. You've got some awesome clean harvesting skills!

In addition, the method shown there is a great way to allow newbies to insert diodes without the need for didoe press tools, etc.

Last edited:
all my other diodes are already harvested, but as soon as i get new ones i'll record the harvest so we'll have videos similiar to this one for all of them.

Good job Moh!! Can't wait to see the rest of them! +rep for your effort and hope to see more in the future! It really is much easier if you know the steps and can see them right here on the forum!

Thanks -Adrian

yeah i jacked my sisters camcorder so i wanted to do these while i had a real camcorder instead of a digital camera that shoots video

That was a very good video. I would love to see how you make your modules for a hosts that use the case as a negative and the back of the module as a positive point of contact.

jayrob

Nice job with that video!

I will be using that to refer to people that ask about this often...

mfo

Nice Matt! I'd be too paranoid about harvesting one of those diode because they're open can. With my luck, a speck of filed heat sink will land right on the diode somehow.

yeah, it possible. i try to minimize that by having the diode facing down.....hoping gravity will work in my favor.

thanks for the video. im glad you made it cause
i was gonna open the heat sink just like i would on
a phr diode. but i guess that wont be a good idea.
thanks =]]
;)

mfo

yeah, it possible. i try to minimize that by having the diode facing down.....hoping gravity will work in my favor.

Yeah I noticed that in the vid. With my luck however there will somehow be a vicious air current in the room blowing the particles right into the diode :cryyy:

oh btw i got the module back today mfo, i tried cleaning with a q-tip and the sucker just wouldn't come off....so i figured screw it, and took one of my metal picks and removed it.

the module is fine...but i have no idea what that spec was.

mfo

oh btw i got the module back today mfo, i tried cleaning with a q-tip and the sucker just wouldn't come off....so i figured screw it, and took one of my metal picks and removed it.

the module is fine...but i have no idea what that spec was.

Strange. Well, thanks for replacing it for me. Sux we couldn't fix it without having to do so.

Thanks for sharing & making that vid Mohrenberg, An excellent method for extraction
many new comers inc myself will benifit from :)