Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Harvesting / Teardown of the Pico1 Projector - 450nm, 640nm, + non-DPSS Green

Is the original housing easily modified to allow for a handheld rgb pointer? If so can you point me to a thread? If no thread is the housing for sale that I might play around with it?

D

Deleted member 16589

The diode is without doubt 808nm.

Z9OpJDc.jpg

I can't get the system to lase 532, the other two leads may be a TEC. Approximately 4.5V was across them in the system.

Yes Dr Sam showed me one of these at selem last year that is a TINY!!!!! OPSL laser.

D

Deleted member 16589

Is that component on the bottom left the OPS chip then?

Yes

its an 808nm pump and that chip converts it to 1064nm.

You guys are making me drool Ive wanted one of those OPSL modules Since selem :D

Last edited by a moderator:

diachi

Yes

its an 808nm pump and that chip converts it to 1064nm.

You guys are making me drool Ive wanted one of those OPSL modules Since selem :D

Ahh OK cool, thanks! I was trying to figure out the cavity assuming it was regular DPSS but it wasn't making much sense in that configuration. OPSL explains that odd layout. :D

D

Deleted member 16589

Ahh OK cool, thanks! I was trying to figure out the cavity assuming it was regular DPSS but it wasn't making much sense in that configuration. OPSL explains that odd layout. :D

I'd be curios to what the raw output was like.
It would be cool if it was Tem00 But seeing as its only used as a light source my guess is its heavily Multi-mode.

diachi

I'd be curios to what the raw output was like.
It would be cool if it was Tem00 But seeing as its only used as a light source my guess is its heavily Multi-mode.

Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing what the output is like either expanded or on a beam profiler. I don't imagine it's that nice either, seeing as it doesn't really need to be. I'd also imagine that OC mirror introduces some astigmatism to the beam given that it's at such a large angle - although maybe it's designed to correct for that. Other components there could be used to correct that too really. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know nor would I be able to test that theory. :p

Would be cool to play around with for sure though!

Last edited:
I did forget to resize, though that was the least of my worries last night as I did screw up the bond wires.

Though, now I know how to make this puppy sing, I should be able to get a white laser beam out of it. On the last unit, I made the mistake of removing a mirror, hoping to bypass the mini galvo. I did not consider that the front glass is actually a prism, and is required to keep all three wavelengths coincident. No matter what then, I'll be losing a lot of light with this mini RGB engine, unless I find the patience to crack the optical cement and re-align the ball lenses in front of the diodes.

Another projector is on the way. I'll have better photos next time :).

---

Edit: The laser is absolutely not TEM00. It mode cycled a bit as the crystal warmed to temperature.

---

Edit 2: @Trendkilla254, wait, do you want the dead sled? I could toss it in an envelope if the trash hasn't yet been taken out.

Last edited:
I did forget to resize, though that was the least of my worries last night as I did screw up the bond wires.

Though, now I know how to make this puppy sing, I should be able to get a white laser beam out of it. On the last unit, I made the mistake of removing a mirror, hoping to bypass the mini galvo. I did not consider that the front glass is actually a prism, and is required to keep all three wavelengths coincident. No matter what then, I'll be losing a lot of light with this mini RGB engine, unless I find the patience to crack the optical cement and re-align the ball lenses in front of the diodes.

Another projector is on the way. I'll have better photos next time :).

---

Edit: The laser is absolutely not TEM00. It mode cycled a bit as the crystal warmed to temperature.

---

Edit 2: @Trendkilla254, wait, do you want the dead sled? I could toss it in an envelope if the trash hasn't yet been taken out.
if you think it is possible to reverse into a handheld rbg, yes please. I'd be interested.

Pman

Noticed Lazerman is getting very close to actually becoming a vet. Only took you 6+ years lol. Too bad you haven't missed much in the vets section.

Found the sled in the scrap bin!

@Trendkilla254, PM me your address and I'll toss it in an envelope for a few bucks on venmo, and drop it at the post office next time I make it down to mountain view (may be a few days, my electronics lab is at home and I'm self employed) :)

New sled arrived today. I'll rip it apart after I get some CAD renderings done for qualcomm.

D

Deleted member 16589

Noticed Lazerman is getting very close to actually becoming a vet. Only took you 6+ years lol. Too bad you haven't missed much in the vets section.

OOOOH YEA :D

Found the sled in the scrap bin!

@Trendkilla254, PM me your address and I'll toss it in an envelope for a few bucks on venmo, and drop it at the post office next time I make it down to mountain view (may be a few days, my electronics lab is at home and I'm self employed) :)

New sled arrived today. I'll rip it apart after I get some CAD renderings done for qualcomm.

Would you consider doing a trade with me for the OPSL green.

@lazerman121, if you are referring to the first laser system, then sure. I repaired the bond wire with a blob of solder, and that got it lasing again. Though it's not as pretty as a pristine module -_-

Anywhoo, I have some bad news for y'all. The laser projection module does not produce a coaxial beam. To do this, I'm expecting that careful realignment of internal optics will be needed.

- Red and blue -> Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Edit: Firing up the green, the problem still exists. A further problem exists though, and that's the fact that when the module is too hot, the green fails to lase as the KTP is above proper temperature. This can only be solved with a closed control loop and good cooling.

http://imgur.com/a/yi4VC

Honestly I'm disappointed. This doesn't hold a candle to our supercontinnum fiber laser.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

@lazerman121, if you are referring to the first laser system, then sure. I repaired the bond wire with a blob of solder, and that got it lasing again. Though it's not as pretty as a pristine module -_-

I was referring to your comment about you getting a second one I really would prefer an non tampered with one :p