Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Handheld Co2 Laser Project

Yeah got the proper goggles. I purchased a focusing lense but haven't mounted it on the end yet, but it burns just about everything I tried with just the raw output of the tube, instantly catches cardboard and plastic on fire, creates a small molten spot on bricks and rock, it's wicked for sure
Point it at a small, say, 40W light bulb and watch the filament burn out! BTW, my wife wasn't impressed....
HM

Photon Master

I think that most green lasers use an infrared diode and a frequency doubler. I wonder if you could do something similar with your co2 laser and get a visible green beam in the 10 to 20 watt range?

Photon Master

That’s interesting I’ll have to read up on that. It would seem better to double 808 to 404 and have a single step but I’m sure there’s a reason that isn’t possible

Freedy

I used CO2 laser before but didn't turn out like that so I had to switch to other brand like Monport and it was game changer. Must try it tho.