Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gun sight 532nm 0.95mW

Fiddy

G'day,

A guy from work just bought this 0.95mW 532nm gun sight laser.

$(KGrHqR,!g4E6Zgcvp7-BOy8Ez,R)!~~60_12.JPG

powerful tactical air rifle pistol gun green laser sight sites scope AU DELIVERY | eBay

So i asked if i could LPM it too see how much power it was really making, as it was noticeable brighter than 0.95mW.

So here is the LPM Graph:

5mW532nmGunsight.jpg

Peaked at 68mW lol that's 71 times greater than what it was marked as.

Overspec much?

Fiddy.

Drew

Good find for the AU folks to get/sneak in a higher power green. Looks like dual mounting options: picitanny or barrel. Pressure switch tailcap. It should be easy to convert to a regular flashlight style too due to the ultrafire 501 style host.

LOL!!

I'm not surprised! I had one of these eBay pens, peaked at 105mW!

Well, to be fair, does it really make a difference if the laser hitting you while you're being SHOT is very overspec?

I think not:p

Lase

Well, to be fair, does it really make a difference if the laser hitting you while you're being SHOT is very overspec?

I think not:p

But they might go blind! Think of their eyes....

I'd be more worried about the visible beam giving away your position:lasergun:

Lase

^^^Also a good point.

Although I think laser sights in general are more of a gimmick/intimidation tool than anything else.

I mean the only time I can really see a use for them, is if someone is trying to learn to shoot from the hip...

Gunmounth lasers are ment to give a more clear improved location to your own "swat" team
( showing where the enemy is located ) for all i know

Gunmounth lasers are ment to give a more clear improved location to your own "swat" team
( showing where the enemy is located ) for all i know

Uhm... that doesn't exactly make sense to me, but than again... I'm not on any swat teams either:p

joeyss

Wouldn't a red be better since the beam is much less visible to most people due to Rayleigh scattering?

Flick

Doesn't a 532nm laser like this have an IR filter that can be removed, converting this to an IR 808 or 1064nm pointer? Any idea how hard that would be?

Fiddy

Doesn't a 532nm laser like this have an IR filter that can be removed, converting this to an IR 808 or 1064nm pointer? Any idea how hard that would be?

No.

The IR filter filters out leakage IR from the pump diode.
You'd have to remove the IR Filter & crystal set to make it a 808nm pointer.
But also the IR pump diodes have pretty bad divergence.....