Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GUIDE: Which company should I buy from?

Frozenferrari

Can we add BestLaserPointers.com to the main page list as a good seller? I finally had a chance to compare their $150 3W thor clone to my 3.5W PLE and I feel very bad about doubting it. They ship within 24 hours of purchase and from SoCal warehouse if they can, so if youre in the states that cuts shipping time dramatically versus purchases from overseas sellers. I just bought another one of those baby Thors yesterday to have as a backup, and its already hit USPS and should be to me within 48 hours.
Next time I see Gary at a rocket launch im gonna toss it on an LPM but its gotta be fairly close to the spec they say, as it's brightness of 445 rivals the 3.5W 465 PLE. Either way... they ship fast and that host is great quality. Well worth it to me.

GSS

They might ship quickly but they are insanely expensive..
$150 for a gattling gun type??
$18 for the cheap ebay glasses??
and the Knock off Jetlaser for $500??

Frozenferrari

They might ship quickly but they are insanely expensive..
$150 for a gattling gun type??
$18 for the cheap ebay glasses??
and the Knock off Jetlaser for $500??
Consider the power levels. $150 for a 2W Gatling, $200 for 3W... $150 for the 3W thor clone... or would you rather pay $290 for a JetLaser that is 3.5W, takes 1-2 weeks to get there and as big as a baton? The quality of the thor clone was honestly better than my PLE, which has a mis-alligned third LED and a horridly loose focusing mechanism. Divergence was awful without the additional $99 BE. No carrying case.. Did not live up to all the praise yall gave it, and especially compared to how much blp was bashed here for half the cost.
$90 for a 500mw 532 gatling. Assuming thats legit, thats half the price of a comparable Sanwu or JL. Just be smart consumers! Dont pay $18 for something you know isnt worth 18 or is fake,,, and then turn around and moan about the sellers being "sneaky chinks" . (man that thread pissed me off a lot)

Last edited:
Trust me when I say that that kind of language and casual ignorant racism pissed me off too. Unfortunately that has no relevance to your suggestion about the inclusion to the list.

The site you listed offers nothing special, or new to the table. For not a lot more money you can get a Sanwu or JL that will be at least the specified power (Almost all cheap chinese made lasers are over-specified), better built (and better looking, IMO the Gatling hosts are hideous), and the excellent service, repair and warranty support that JL and Sanwu are known for. Can BLP.com offer the same warranty and repair support? I doubt it, as they are clearly not building their lasers in house. There are countless stories on here of Sanwu sending out replacement parts to customers who have had failures, or JL performing out of warranty RMA and repairs for very fair cost etc.

I'm glad that you say you had a good experience, but it's easy for a company to make one or two good sales and yet fail to do well for the majority. I have searched the company's address, and it looks like a residential apartment block on Google Street View - which is a very common thing with similar companies. There have been loads of companies that come and go who's websites look the same - who's buisness MO is the same. Warehousing and dropshipping commonly avaliable cheaply mass-produced lasers at a markup is not going to get a glowing reccomendation from many forum members.

GSS

FrozenFerrari, You can find all the laser's they sell for 1/2 the price or even less.. Gattling gun type's can be found for less than $50 and do not have enough heft to properly heatsink anything more than 1 W and I doubt their 2W and 3W version comes even close to that.
These high output blue multi modes diodes are not known for good beam spec's so if your getting nice specs from a so called 3W thor then it's a A140 or M140 or equivlent.
All have cheap mass produced parts that have the potential to last, ""potential""..
;)I don't know why i'm even replying as youv'e been here long enough to know the difference and I really feel like we are being trolled and spammed:whistle:
Even the Laserpointerstore is way cheaper..
By all means return the Jet Laser's and keep buying from "BestLaserpointers" because of their fast shipping..

Last edited:

Frozenferrari

FrozenFerrari, You can find all the laser's they sell for 1/2 the price or even less.. Gattling gun type's can be found for less than $50 and do not have enough heft to properly heatsink anything more than 1 W and I doubt their 2W and 3W version comes even close to that.
These high output blue multi modes diodes are not known for good beam spec's so if your getting nice specs from a so called 3W thor then it's a A140 or M140 or equivlent.
All have cheap mass produced parts that have the potential to last, ""potential""..
;)I don't know why i'm even replying as youv'e been here long enough to know the difference and I really feel like we are being trolled and spammed:whistle:
Even the Laserpointerstore is way cheaper..
By all means return the Jet Laser's and keep buying from "BestLaserpointers" because of their fast shipping..

Was that "sneaky Chinks" aimed at me???

No, it was from another thread.

another sneaky chink saying there from uk but came from china on a slow boat i think as well!

There's also "engrish" threads bashing those who struggle with a language barrier. How do you think Podo would feel about those threads??
I teach foreign students how to fly in American airspace, and many of them struggle with English but are amazing people.

Im sorry, but if one falls for these quite obvious scams, like a thousand watt laser, then turns around with derogatory comments about the seller that sometimes approach blatant racism, *theyre* the idiot and they should be banned. Just an opinion tho. Good luck ordering from WickedLasers if you have a problem with Asians who know how to trick your unresearched butt.

I dont have enough experience with lasers to make much of a claim about those Gatlings, but I know that the $150 thor clone I received is indeed near 3W, making it a cheaper alternative to even a Sanwu challenger. And the quality of that build was superb. Its not all about shipping, that was just a plus I had mentioned. Not sure what you should expect from other sellers offering Gatlings and such. Personally I find that thing rather ugly anyway. -- you dont see BLP offering $40 303's. Theyre $9. All seems pretty legit to me honestly. Just do your homework.

Im not sure about their return policy or customer service, but they provided timely email updates about my orders each time, so thats a plus. They have a live chat feature, so thats cool. Havent used it though. As far as the address goes, remember guys buying/selling completed class 4s in the US is illegal. I know if I were in that business my stuff would be cloaked up too. Which is also why I think every memeber on here demanding we all put our locations in our profile is asking for trouble. Agreed, they almost certainly dont make the lasers they sell, but that doesnt mean they cant be a quality retailer and provide you with a great product at a reasonable cost. Shoe stores dont make Nike's, they just sell them.

Last edited:

GSS

Oh ok got it.. I missed when m3vuv posted that(n):( deleted the question..

Sunny17

It looks like the original post hasn't been updated since June 2018. I didn't notice this until after I looked at optotronics. Their prices seem to be borderline scam level. Almost $1000 USD for a 350mw 532 green?? Their other green lasers seem to just be lil pen ones but he charges over $200 for a 150mw pen style green one.

GSS

It looks like the original post hasn't been updated since June 2018. I didn't notice this until after I looked at optotronics. Their prices seem to be borderline scam level. Almost $1000 USD for a 350mw 532 green?? Their other green lasers seem to just be lil pen ones but he charges over $200 for a 150mw pen style green one.
Optotronic's dabbles in pen type 532's to please the pointer people but are made with top notch crystals and are much much more stable than the cheap 532 DPSS. Plenty of members have pens still going that they bought years ago with me included.
The other builds are basicly made to custom to order for University's and such.. Might be a bit high in pricing but they are no scam..
Call them and I pretty sure the owner will even answer the phone..:)

There is NO need for abuse racism on any posts anywhere on the www to be honest,as a ex host /owner of excite for years i banned all racists abusers ............ id hope if Admin or hosts here saw that theyd ban them from here, thats all i am saying on this subject

todkapuz

Just a post for shipping times.
Dragon Lasers
VG-15 (532nm 15mW), AYP5 (589nm 5mW),VB30 (450nm 30mW), All were "in-stock".
Same-business-day* shipment, arrival in Miami +13 days. (*see below)

Order time March 30th 12:08PM (Saturday Afternoon Local, Sunday Morning China)
Ship Notification March 31st 10:56PM (Sunday Evening Local, Monday mid-day China)
USPS's tracking system shows China EMS acceptance April 1st 1:27PM. (not sure if that is China or US time. If China then same day as label, is US then next day)
Inbound Customs New York April 8th, 4:47AM (which I assume means flight actually came in Sunday).
Outbound Customs New York April 10th, 1:05PM
Delivery Attempt April 12, 2019 12:14PM here in Miami. (Typical, if its out of customs in morning, I typically get EMS packages next day, otherwise 2nd day after clear is typical for my Japan shipments.)

Felt like ages through Customs. I buy a LOT of stuff from Japan, and all of that spends an hour at most in customs. Had some doubt creep in second day, but then it popped out. I assume they screen more China stuff than Japan stuff.
And they tried yesterday, so that would be just over 13 days from order.
While slower than shipments from Japan, it was faster than all other shipments I've gotten from China (none lasers). I can't really complain.
All three in good shape, and just a little over-spec, but within reasonable margin of error.
IMG_5650a.jpg

Have a great day.