Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GUIDE: Which company should I buy from?

Sloany215

I can't imagine they're reselling the Sanwu Striker - the quality of the machining on the pictures on CoolLaserPointer's site looks pretty rough compared to Sanwu's work. Site does look suspiciously similar to that of BurningLaserPointer.com, an equally marked up questionable laser-peddler

The quality of the machine work is very good.
I have seen this same laser sold on some other places, unfortunately I saw them to late.

Sloany215

Thanks guys for all your input.
Ken
Well guys, based on my recent experience with "Cool Laser Pointers", I would say add this seller to the list of not to buy from ! It`s been 5 days and numerous e-mails and many phone calls, only to hear a voice mail recording saying, " this person is not here ". Oh well ! I`ll say this about the B990 laser I wound up with. It`s a war club as far as the weight of it goes. You could drive fence posts with it !! It is very well made and finished. Stainless would not have been my first choice for this laser, at least not this heavy on the head end where the so called heat dissipation is to take place through the machined ring sections. I can see how burning up the internal works from over heating can be an issue. This is the exact same laser body / host, I have seen on at least 5 other sites, selling by different names. The Striker sold by Sanwu is identical to the B990 I bought from Cool Laser, except that Sanwu engraves the brass band between the handle sections on the grip sections, and they also use quality components on the internal workings. I imagine this laser body is made by a large company, and sold to anyone who wants to put their laser components in it to sell to the public. I am going to give it to a close family friend who owns a modern machine shop that does mostly government contract work, and have him make one out of acft aluminum, and one out of titanium, ( with no laser components ), they will have a much better cooling section that will work 100% better at dissipating any internal heat that will be generated. He will also custom make the power switch.
I hope this info will be helpful so no one gets scammed like I did.
Cheers
Ken

Bear in mind titanium has very poor thermal conductivity, and is astonishingly expensive and difficult to machine compared to aluminium! Either way, please do document this on the LPF as I'd be interested to see what comes out of this!

HIPACKING
2595 Mountain Industrial Blvd STE 2
Tucker GA 30084

Yep, apparently they rented a warehouse slip in an industrial park where each large building is sub divided into many little warehouse strips, usually with a small office up front and a long thin warehouse behind, I used to work in a manufacturing business not far from there.

Anyway it seems they are shipping from the States, I don't see how it could be legal unless each unit had an on indicator light, safety dongle, aperture shutter, delayed start, and keyed switch and then there may be more but those don't even have that much. I wonder what the penalty is for violating the FDA law ? Also they could get sued if someone gets injured........maybe they have a friend at that 1st location in the Royal Atlanta park as a decoy, probably have a lookout/accomplice there who will call then if visited by FDA from their Orwellian cell phone, LOL Idiots. If you lived nearby you could likely get whatever they had for a visit and a few words, I can't believe they use their return address and not a PO box unless that return address is fake as well, could be another friend who will act as lookout, really why rent a building for a garage sized business ? Unless it's some kind of co-op where many entrepreneurs are working out of 1 rented warehouse slip.......so who ever has the lease may not know, who knows, but I know they will get caught sooner or later and I sure as hell wouldn't do it, I am curious what the penalty is besides the added charges for subterfuge if that's the case.

Actually the name " HI PACKING " sounds like a drop shipping service, maybe some fool is drop shipping for them and a few dozen other small business not knowing or willing to risk it. That would explain having a small inventory and not being able to deal with your issue readily.

---edit---
Odd, this says window treatments.........

Maybe some lady is running a window treatment company and her son is using moms business addy to hustle Chinese pointers ? I don't know it's just a guess.

https://www.superpages.com/bp/tucker-ga/hipacking-inc-L2572028794.htm

----EDIT #2 ----

Here's another phone number > https://www.yellowpages.com/tucker-ga/mip/hipacking-inc-536418359

Last edited:

Sloany215

Bear in mind titanium has very poor thermal conductivity, and is astonishingly expensive and difficult to machine compared to aluminium! Either way, please do document this on the LPF as I'd be interested to see what comes out of this!

Thanks for the reply. My friend has a extensive supply of various types of titanium. I have designed the external heat sync rings to be much narrower then they are now, thereby creating a larger surface area to dissipate any heat. I am surprised that more makers do not do this, create more surface area. I am also surprised that someone has not used a mini / micro fan to cool the internals. I have a few camping items that work excellent for heating things up made from titanium.

Sloany215

Yep, apparently they rented a warehouse slip in an industrial park where each large building is sub divided into many little warehouse strips, usually with a small office up front and a long thin warehouse behind, I used to work in a manufacturing business not far from there.

Anyway it seems they are shipping from the States, I don't see how it could be legal unless each unit had an on indicator light, safety dongle, aperture shutter, delayed start, and keyed switch and then there may be more but those don't even have that much. I wonder what the penalty is for violating the FDA law ? Also they could get sued if someone gets injured........maybe they have a friend at that 1st location in the Royal Atlanta park as a decoy, probably have a lookout/accomplice there who will call then if visited by FDA from their Orwellian cell phone, LOL Idiots. If you lived nearby you could likely get whatever they had for a visit and a few words, I can't believe they use their return address and not a PO box unless that return address is fake as well, could be another friend who will act as lookout, really why rent a building for a garage sized business ? Unless it's some kind of co-op where many entrepreneurs are working out of 1 rented warehouse slip.......so who ever has the lease may not know, who knows, but I know they will get caught sooner or later and I sure as hell wouldn't do it, I am curious what the penalty is besides the added charges for subterfuge if that's the case.

Actually the name " HI PACKING " sounds like a drop shipping service, maybe some fool is drop shipping for them and a few dozen other small business not knowing or willing to risk it. That would explain having a small inventory and not being able to deal with your issue readily.

---edit---
Odd, this says window treatments.........

Maybe some lady is running a window treatment company and her son is using moms business addy to hustle Chinese pointers ? I don't know it's just a guess.

https://www.superpages.com/bp/tucker-ga/hipacking-inc-L2572028794.htm

----EDIT #2 ----

Here's another phone number > https://www.yellowpages.com/tucker-ga/mip/hipacking-inc-536418359
You are probably right. All they need now is take out food, LOL.
Thanks.

I seriously doubt it. I have not heard of them before now, but that is common. It is easier to list the companies that won't rip you off than to list all of the ones that will. Most of the Chinese lasers are all over priced IMO, but if you can't build your own....what are you gonna do?

Well guys, based on my recent experience with "Cool Laser Pointers", I would say add this seller to the list of not to buy from ! Its been 5 days and numerous e-mails and many phone calls, only to hear a voice mail recording saying, " this person is not here ". Oh well ! Ill say this about the B990 laser I wound up with. It`s a war club as far as the weight of it goes. You could drive fence posts with it !! It is very well made and finished. Stainless would not have been my first choice for this laser, at least not this heavy on the head end where the so called heat dissipation is to take place through the machined ring sections. I can see how burning up the internal works from over heating can be an issue. This is the exact same laser body / host, I have seen on at least 5 other sites, selling by different names. The Striker sold by Sanwu is identical to the B990 I bought from Cool Laser, except that Sanwu engraves the brass band between the handle sections on the grip sections, and they also use quality components on the internal workings. I imagine this laser body is made by a large company, and sold to anyone who wants to put their laser components in it to sell to the public. I am going to give it to a close family friend who owns a modern machine shop that does mostly government contract work, and have him make one out of acft aluminum, and one out of titanium, ( with no laser components ), they will have a much better cooling section that will work 100% better at dissipating any internal heat that will be generated. He will also custom make the power switch.
I hope this info will be helpful so no one gets scammed like I did.
Cheers
Ken
If you know someone with a machine shop that can work with titanium they must own q multi million dollar machine shop because there are very few even profession shops that have the required machinery to mill solid titanium as it's very hard to work with

Alteady bought 2 fromlaser[scam]pro
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

one came scratched no batteries no charger came in a jiffy bag not wrapped v well, still waiting for other

sending both back

they dont even answer/reply to e-mails, i asked them to cancel both but they still sending the other ......
lucky i only spent £30 ish
jihongyun is where the money went

If you paid with a credit card or PP you might be able to make a case with them to get your money back. Just sayin' as I doubt LPpro will give it up willingly.

Hammer of the Gods

Hey guys, new here... seems like a cool site! What's up?

So I have a question, have you seen this laser? https://goo.gl/ppbZiN

Is it a piece of junk too?

If so you can add this company to your list (even though they have more than lasers)

I am looking for a green or purple strong laser pointer myself. I tried this website (Lazerer) but I think it's down. Bummer...

Oh yeah, does the link to the laser that I posted use the 18650 battery? Is that what's making them more powerful? I have experience with those batteries (vape).

Thanks peps. 👍👊

Hey guys, new here... seems like a cool site! What's up?

So I have a question, have you seen this laser? https://goo.gl/ppbZiN

Is it a piece of junk too?

If so you can add this company to your list (even though they have more than lasers)

I am looking for a green or purple strong laser pointer myself. I tried this website (Lazerer) but I think it's down. Bummer...

Oh yeah, does the link to the laser that I posted use the 18650 battery? Is that what's making them more powerful? I have experience with those batteries (vape).

Thanks peps. 👍👊
Lol they are selling the laser 303 which is like 5 dollars on ebay if your looking for high quality lasers go to either www.sanwu.com or jetlasers.com both are incredible quality and have many different wavelengths and power outputs.

Lol they are selling the laser 303 which is like 5 dollars on ebay if your looking for high quality lasers go to either www.sanwu.com or jetlasers.com both are incredible quality and have many different wavelengths and power outputs.
What is dangerous about what that website is doing is they are selling a green laser as a self defense tool which I'm pretty sure is illegal. It can and will cause permanent eye damage and even blindness. They do have laser dazzles but they beam is usually not culminated into a fine point on those to help mitigate any permanent damage the laser can cause. If you are new to lasers talk to some of the more experienced forum members as they have a lot of information to offer and will be glad to help. And always remember high power lasers are not toys and you should always have proper eye protection rated for the wavelength and power density of any lasers that you are exposing yourself to. Also never point a laser at another person or use it as a self defense tool.

Th battery has nothing to do with power output. The strength of the laser is due to the diode used and the amount of current that it's being fed from the driver used.