Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GUIDE: Which company should I buy from?

Sta

Would it be easy to extract the diode and driver from a bit lasers host? I see they have a 800mW 520nm and I'd love to put it in a different host :D

It'd be easier and cheaper to buy a NDG700 or NDG7475 module from DTR. Also, you'd have a lot more power at your disposal, up to 1.4W!

It'd be easier and cheaper to buy a NDG700 or NDG7475 module from DTR. Also, you'd have a lot more power at your disposal, up to 1.4W!

Yeah you're right. I thought I could stack the coupons for a cheaper deal but I guess I can't. I'll probably just go the DTR route.

Sta

In light of the recent positive reviews of XPL lasers, I've added the company to the thread. Please continue to send me suggestions and criticism. :beer:

fye621

I agree. Here's what I'm posting on every WarnLaser Site I can find to prevent other ripoffs: This is a warning: Do not buy anything from Chen Wenjie (Zachary TurtenWald). I asked for a refund and mailed the laser back to him per his instructions. He never picked it up upon arrival and it was returned 4 months later to my return address. He/they have since refused to refund my purchase even after I told him to send a return label. The laser 3W IR didn't have a focus of more than 8 inches. Until I receive a refund, I'm warning everyone away from this rip off artist!!!

Sta

I've added Tacticult to the list of 'avoid' companies. I don't know what to do about laserglow, though - their prices are high but their products are probably still good.

I've added Tacticult to the list of 'avoid' companies. I don't know what to do about laserglow, though - their prices are high but their products are probably still good.

Yeah, their products are good however it's their darn lack of good customer service for us hobbyists that puts them on my bad list. Believe me, I've very tempted to purchase a Rigel-2 or Rigel-5 from them, but since we don't earn them thousands of dollars they don't see us as very valuable. :(

-Alex

put up Eforce Laser. they are a reseller of CNI and they accept Paypal.

they'll even repair out of warranty product as long as it is manufacture by CNI.

Members like RB Astro and Razako has bought stuff from them in the past...

Sorry if this has already been posted but I'm on mobile until I can get internet in my new apartment.
I was wondering if anyone has bought a laser from fasttech before? They have what they say is a 200mW 532nm laser. It looks to bee in a silver pen host.
I was just wondering if this was a legit laser and if many of you trust fasttech. Also would you think the laser will actually be 200mW? They have a 5mW, a 100mW and 200mW 532nm laser in the silver pen option.
Once again sorry if this has already been asked but it's hard to surf the forums with an iPhone.
Thanks for your time and any help that you can give me:D

Sorry if this has already been posted but I'm on mobile until I can get internet in my new apartment.
I was wondering if anyone has bought a laser from fasttech before? They have what they say is a 200mW 532nm laser. It looks to bee in a silver pen host.
I was just wondering if this was a legit laser and if many of you trust fasttech. Also would you think the laser will actually be 200mW? They have a 5mW, a 100mW and 200mW 532nm laser in the silver pen option.
Once again sorry if this has already been asked but it's hard to surf the forums with an iPhone.
Thanks for your time and any help that you can give me:D

Yea I've bought from Fasttech before, and obviously from a Chinese company the power rating isn't up to spec. Just the same type of modules that are used in 301s/303s etc. But their modules are nice and I use them for some projects.

Last edited:
Yea I've bought from Fasttech before, and obviously from a Chinese company the power rating isn't up to spec. Just the same type of modules that are used in 301s/303s etc. But their modules are nice and I use them for some projects.

Well I just ordered one so time will tell:D
I think it's about time I got an LPM;)

kaunak

Thanks for the guide. Per your suggestion I went with the 311 host laser from XPL, we'll see how it does. It should hold me over until I buy a solid 532 from BTB later on. I'm also glad to see Lazerer in this guide because even though the last laser I bought from them was back in 2012, it was a 100mW 532 that could hold it's output power continuous for over 15 minutes no problem, and only cost $50. Quite a while back a couple people complained about Lazerer on here and I haven't heard much about them on this forum since then, but the site still looks good.

Any idea about LaserPointerPenShop.com, it only sells blue laser pointers and said it's real power output by 1500mw, 3000mw and 5000mw?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It appears to be a cheap Chinese laser retailer (yet not sold for cheap prices by looks of things). The lasers will be underspec.

Last edited:

Sta

Any idea about LaserPointerPenShop.com, it only sells blue laser pointers and said it's real power output by 1500mw, 3000mw and 5000mw?

It's a price/power inflation scam, the lasers are overpriced and underspec.

Last edited: