Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Guess our new products! - Sanwu Lasers

Optlasers does a good job of trying to match the beam diameters of the R,G,B diodes in their single mode units, but not perfect. I think their stuff is close enough to perfect, and this may also be close enough with single mode diodes because they probably aren't too far off, but a perfect match, i don't think it can be made. it's not just the diodes, it's the wavelength and optics, if you customised the optic focal lengths and diameters to bring the mRad or divergence of each diode to exactly match that would be part of the puzzle, but when doing that, now you don't have a combined red, green and blue of exactly the same diameters. Although, i bet for a distance, you cannot see the spreading of the different divergences and it may match well, but far out, they all separate. I don't know if it is possible to make a dichro combined R,G,B which is perfect. As you know, i'm just a hobbyist on this stuff, but that's how i have come to understand things.

Radim

I'm pretty sure they will have some programming in it for a app. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COolcy6mVfQ

Thanks for sharing. This seems to be very useful for my purposes. If I just imagine options to be done with this app in laserpainting - yeah... Lasergasm.

And please DPSS for me. I'll spam it here with DPSS verison requests untill I get one. :crackup:

Any hints on what the price will be for the RGB? The laser looks insane, I hope the price is not lol.

Good question at least indicative and I need to save some bucks in my laserfund. Of course for DPSS custom build there will be needed some buck more. :)

Sanwu’s really ignited interest with their stunning achievement! In this development preview video it appears that the beam collimation changes a little while phasing into another color

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se6IX7q9GT4

It’s really difficult to tell if the RGB is generated by dichros or diodes. Kudos, Podo!! :bowdown:

-cd

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
That does look stunning and very high quality. From what I can see from the video. The beams diameter match, divergence and alignment is very good. So far I am impressed.

Edit: From the outdoor sky shots. You can just see that the blue and red beam profile is slightly larger than the green on one axis. But the divergence looks almost identical an the slight mismatch of diameters doesn't seem to matter much at all.

What i'm interested in is the white balance. The good thing is though, is that each colour is adjustable so you can get pure white.

Last edited:

GSS

GLR, i'm curious to which winning pocket laser you chose?:)
and BillyBob are the 3 red lasers you won the 301 series?:)

Last edited:
I have a feeling it will be March before we know what Sanwu will want for the RGB laser. That's maybe a month, at most. I would like to see a review of it by someone who has bought one before committing to purchase one myself.

Encap

I have a feeling it will be March before we know what Sanwu will want for the RGB laser. That's maybe a month, at most. I would like to see a review of it by someone who has bought one before committing to purchase one myself.

Exactly.

I don't imagine it will be of the quality and be able to do what Arctic Dudes RGB will do----let's hope it is a good novelty quality 500mW combined output device for a reasonable price. From the video it looks like separate red, green, and blue diodes each with one of the new rotary dimmer controls to allow blending of the RGB at different outputs for each.

No way to tell what the alignment quality is or if it the alignment can be adjusted nor if the output is focusable---will just have to wait and see what it really is when released.

Last edited:
Hopefully there will be easy way to do a dichros re-alignment if needed.
But I'm sure that Podo does good job with it. :)

I've done the re-alignment four times now with Opt-unit. When you have dichros / mirrors in HH it's a matter of time and knocks to host to get beams alignment off.

Reactions: GSS
How hard is it to re-align the Opt unit? I'm waiting for mine to be finished being built.

I’m so upset with myself Podo, I still haven’t purchased a laser from you yet :(
I’ve just got so many parts laying around and builds I need to finish.

How hard is it to re-align the Opt unit? I'm waiting for mine to be finished being built.

It is really easy task, -thanks to well designed dichro mounts. Alignment can be done usually in 15-30 sec.

Probably gonna do a short tutorial video next time when I'll have to do alignment. :p

Exactly.

No way to tell what the alignment quality is or if it the alignment can be adjusted nor if the output is focusable---will just have to wait and see what it really is when released.

I’m sure that the Sanwu developers have spent the necessary time, energy and capital to produce an instrument with excellent performance. Regarding variable focus, can 3 even highly aligned dichromatic beams be focused into a single visible beam? Thanks.

-cd