Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Growth of Laser Technology

ARG

Found this neat infographic today. Sorry if there's already a thread about it, couldn't find one.

coherent-2014-2-infographic.jpg

and yet we still have no nick the diode out of projectors and CD drives to get one lol

Only if they do diodes wholesale to hobbyist lol

Nice find btw thumbs up

Last edited:

upaa27

Thanks for finding this ARG. I'm excited to see what the manufactures have next to come up with.

Wow, that is really, really cool. Thanks for sharing, ARG.

Interesting how non-diode sources are slowly overtaking diode lasers, and furthermore, how small of a chunk of the market display uses are. All those diodes we get from projectors are just a teeny tiny bit of the pie. Now, im not sure if those numbers for diode lasers include the pumps in solid state lasers or not. Gives me some stuff to research I guess :)

ARG

Interesting how non-diode sources are slowly overtaking diode lasers, and furthermore, how small of a chunk of the market display uses are. All those diodes we get from projectors are just a teeny tiny bit of the pie.

We get diodes from the optical storage slice of the pie as well :)

Things

Not sure, but laser-based projectors _may_ fit into that communications category. Cool graphic though.