Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Grounded wrist strap??

Ok so my dad had one of these lying around. I know you put it on your wrist(duh)but where do you clip it to? I mean to protect your LD when you are handling it.

I usually use a grounded piece of equipment on my bench. The 3 wire plug will (should) be grounded to eartn.

Mike

Kenom

if your like me who has his workbench right next to his computer, the computer case itself is grounded. Just attatch it to a place where there is no paint.

Things

if you have some kind of water/gas pipe around, hook it to that! it will definately be the best! actually i have heard that it can be bad to hook it to a gas pipe, so maybe a water pipe. if not, as people said, you can hook it up to some appliance with a metal case, as they all should be grounded.

Ok thanks guys. I will probably use the inside of my PC case then. I didn't realize it whatever you ground it to had to have power to it.

Things

it doesn't nessecarily, but metal appliances will ALWAYS be grounded, but plastic ones aren't