Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Groove anodizing Poll everyone vote plz.

Kenom,
I respectfully requested NON anodized but I leave it up to U unless clear wins n the end! Thanks again for sacrificing delta&$ for our benefit!

Dang,
Glad U posted that because I love electroplate and I was thinking of ordering Caswell products.
Isn't buying on-ling cool! :cool:

infrangible said:
I worry not what color it comes. the craftsmanship is truly the most important part in all of this and well i am sure i have no reason to worry about that part at all. so what ever color i get their is no problem besides EZ-Off oven cleaner can easily strip off anodizing for what i have been reading from there you can dye and seal it if desired.

I echo the sentiment on the craftmanship - I could care less about color - this design rocks and I don't want to fool around maglites, etc.

I voted clear but Kenom's decision is final with me

Mule

I vote for clear. =) I think black rubber groove will look better. I think black end caps would look cool with a silver barrel. Either way it will look sweet!

It's kinda funny how the votes have exceeded the participation :) So - we have people voting who have not even purchased a barrel.

daguin

SenKat_Stonetek said:
It's kinda funny how the votes have exceeded the participation :) So - we have people voting who have not even purchased a barrel.

Kenom set it up that way. Remember, he still has to sell some of these barrels after the GB people have theirs delivered.

Peace,
dave

I think we should have a poll where it is Groove buyers only, it is us who should be able to have a say in the product, not people who aren't participaiting in the GB.

daguin

happytomato said:
I think we should have a poll where it is Groove buyers only, it is us who should be able to have a say in the product, not people who aren't participaiting in the GB.

[rant]
:mad: :mad: :mad:
This is the last time I'm going to say this. After that, I give up.

NOT ALL of the barrels are sold. Kenom has significant money of his own invested in the remaining barrels. He needs to satisfy the whole market NOT just we who are already in the GB. Stop focusing on yourselves long enough to appreciate the position of the man who made it all possible. Without his work and personal investment, YOU would NOT have these barrels to begin with.

Instead of whining because you may not get what you want, think about what Kenom needs to keep him motivated to continue the creative and difficult process of bringing these types of innovative products to us.

Understand this, eventually Kenom is going to graduate and get a real JOB. He may even find some person that will take up significant amounts of his time. When those things happen he will NOT have the time to do this kind of design and fabrication. Appreciate the hell out of him NOW.

Take your eyes off of yourself.

[/rant]

Peace,
dave

Kenom

Wow Daguin Very elegantly said. I would like to say that he is correct in that I'm looking for a general consensus of what the market preference is not just those that have purchased barrels already. That being said, I do also give more weight to the votes and opinions of those that have paid for said barrels and as such, have decided to go ahead and anodize the barrels in both clear and black. It means taking more time for me to send out emails at the end and find out who wants what. Please do not think that your opinions do not mean anything to me. Far from it. The intent of the poll was to get a market feeler. not just decide this particular run.

(hopefully when I find that significant other she will understand that this hobby is important to me and though it may not dominate my time, I will not give it up completely.)

daguin

Kenom said:
That being said, I do also give more weight to the votes and opinions of those that have paid for said barrels and as such, have decided to go ahead and anodize the barrels in both clear and black. It means taking more time for me to send out emails at the end and find out who wants what.

You are too kind

(Matthew 7:6 KJV)

Peace,
dave

Kenom - you are a true gentleman ! Since I caused such a damned ruckus - I will help you out in way possible (I would have anyways, but this just sounds more noble ! Hehehehe !)

Black looks professional to me. Either black or white for me :cool: White would look wierd for a laser...

Kenom

Matthew 7:6 KJV

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

daguin

Kenom said:
Matthew 7:6 KJV

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well done!

Once again, my fundamentalist upbringing rears its ugly head ;)

Peace,
dave

P.S. Here's another of my favorites; Proverbs 23:13-14. Of course it's not as much fun as all the killing, incest, and slavery stuff, but it does hit closer to home ;)

Kenom

Oh that's a controversial one!!

I was particular of Leviticus 18:22

happytomato said:
[quote author=daguin link=1212816216/48#54 date=1213629894][quote author=happytomato link=1212816216/48#53 date=1213629308]I think we should have a poll where it is Groove buyers only, it is us who should be able to have a say in the product, not people who aren't participaiting in the GB.

[rant]
:mad: :mad: :mad:
This is the last time I'm going to say this.  After that, I give up.

NOT ALL of the barrels are sold.  Kenom has significant money of his own invested in the remaining barrels.  He needs to satisfy the whole market NOT just we who are already in the GB.  Stop focusing on yourselves long enough to appreciate the position of the man who made it all possible.  Without his work and personal investment, YOU would NOT have these barrels to begin with.

Instead of whining because you may not get what you want, think about what Kenom needs to keep him motivated to continue the creative and difficult process of bringing these types of innovative products to us.  

Understand this, eventually Kenom is going to graduate and get a real JOB.  He may even find some person that will take up significant amounts of his time.  When those things happen he will NOT have the time to do this kind of design and fabrication.  Appreciate the hell out of him NOW.

Take your eyes off of yourself.

[/rant]

Peace,
dave[/quote]

While I entirely agree with what you are saying, I believe the majority are sold, so therfore is it not right that the majority gets a say in the matter? Also, (In reference to you telling me to keep my eyes off myself) I was not saying everyone should do what I say and go for clear anodisation, but all the current buyers. Finally, I was by no means not appreciating kenom, I think what he is doing is great (see my posts in the BG thread).  :D

And Kenom, I would again like to thank you for the effort you exhibit running these GB's, you are a certain credit to LPF.
How do you speak bible?