Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings

First of all thank you for all the information this forum has provided me lately.

I have mostly been building robots for the past 7 years as a hobby. Nothing fancy but some of them have been pretty fun. I also mentor a high school robotics program. My side hobby has been lasers. This spring I decided to pull down all my laser equipment and see what I could put together this summer. As I started going through some of the equipment I realized how much it has aged and how much the technology has improved over the years. So now I am slowly upgrading my equipment and building a new laser projector.

Here are the specs

20K Laserwinkle scanners
50mW 532nm
M140 Blue (just recieved the other day)
OLSD DAC (prototyped one now waiting on a final design to come form China) Thanks Chris for making this open source
LSX Software
Case is an old computer case I had laying around
Laser Drivers TBD (Going to use Drlava ones when and if they come if till then will prob use Sam' Laser FAQ design and have some made in China)

Probably just going to make this projector monochrome for the time being. Once this one is complete will probably start a new one from scratch and make an optics plate for RGB 500mW or so.

I have been a member over at PL for about a month but I figured since I am so heavily involved with this now I might as well join over here to keep track of what's going on on this side of the fence.

Salty

Gun

Welcome SaltyRobot :)

Robots. Sounds fun!

As for the projector, I know nothing about them, there is a Moderator here called 'Things' who I believe knows a lot about them.

ARG

Welcome! Do you have any pictures of the projector build? Sounds interesting. :) I'm looking for inspiration on where to start my next PJ.