Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings

Hey laserpointer enthusiasts, just a quick note to inform you guys the info on this forum is very helpful, especially the basic FAQ from Chad. (cannot post URL because of board limitations)

Recently I've purchased my first green laserpointer. It was an impulse buy, I got it off eBay so I do not have a clue what brand it is. It's a 10mw specimen, and I got it for about 20 euro. It's allright I guess for that money, but it switches from TEM00 to TEM01 mode after a second when it's cold. After it's been operated for like a minute or so the mode stays on TEM00. Could be a temperature issue I suppose?

However after doing some research I found out the cheaper pointers often lack an IR filter. So I'm in the market for a better one, landed on the Wickedlaser site but after googling them I became hesitant. And thanks to the excellent FAQ here I'm now going for an Optotronics. Just not sure what power I'd get. A 5mw one so I don't need goggles when you exercise enough caution, or a higher powered one that enables you to do some 'tricks'. But can't go without goggles then I suppose. Anybody out here with high powered pointers who does not use goggles?

Best regards from the Netherlands.  ;)

Welcome to LPF PETROVSKI. You'll learn a lot about all facets of lasers on this Forum, & MOST members will be more than happy to share their knowledge with you. Just remember that kindness & courtesy go a long way here. Good Luck & it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance! Phoenix77

I hope all who use Lasers over 10 mW have and use googles. With lots of knowledge and experience some may not wear them all the time, but one slip up and our eyes just aren't replaceable!

Welcome to the forum dude. And your avatar is annoying scopeguy ;D sure hope nobody thinks that way about mine >.>

Petrovski said:
Hey laserpointer enthusiasts, just a quick note to inform you guys the info on this forum is very helpful, especially the basic FAQ from Chad. (cannot post URL because of board limitations)

Recently I've purchased my first green laserpointer. It was an impulse buy, I got it off eBay so I do not have a clue what brand it is. It's a 10mw specimen, and I got it for about 20 euro. It's allright I guess for that money, but it switches from TEM00 to TEM01 mode after a second when it's cold. After it's been operated for like a minute or so the mode stays on TEM00. Could be a temperature issue I suppose?

However after doing some research I found out the cheaper pointers often lack an IR filter. So I'm in the market for a better one, landed on the Wickedlaser site but after googling them I became hesitant. And thanks to the excellent FAQ here I'm now going for an Optotronics. Just not sure what power I'd get. A 5mw one so I don't need goggles when you exercise enough caution, or a higher powered one that enables you to do some 'tricks'. But can't go without goggles then I suppose. Anybody out here with high powered pointers who does not use goggles?

Best regards from the Netherlands.  ;)

HEY!!1

WE MADE THAT FAQ TOO!!!

i think we should resize the creators names to 72p :)

HEY!!1

WE MADE THAT FAQ TOO!!!

i think we should resize the creators names to 72p :)

Hehe well let me rephrase then: credit to those who contributed to the basic FAQ.  ;)

thanks, chuck norris now might decide to not blow your entire house with his nose  ;)