Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings to All From Southern California!

Hello, and greetings to all from Southern California aka (SoCal). I'd first like to say that I'm not very hip to forums in general let alone this one. However I have taken some time to read up on how to go about respectfully introducing myself. Honestly I'm kinda nervous and I hope I'm doing this right. This feels like a first date with a long time crush lol. I am absolutely, and completely fascinated by lasers. I have been since the day I first laid hands on a $0.99 keychain laser when I was about 13. I'm now 33 and I was recently reintroduced when I randomly bought a few cheap "303s/301s" off ebay along with a generic chinese 1W 445nm laser from ebay as well. There's a few more on the way. I am from Jacksonville, FL. I Moved to Hollywood, CA in 08'. I Lived and worked there as a chef for about 6 years up until I was paralyzed (T-!!) from about the waist down due to a car accident. Lots of good has come as result of my accident. I finally have time for myself and I have discovered many of new passions! I'm an aspiring videographer/documentarian, and mentor. I'm excited to be apart of y'alls forum. I have a very open mind and I'm very respectful. If I do something wrong it was an honest mistake. Please let me know so I can fix it and learn from it so I don't repeat it.

Now let's talk about LASERS!!! I am ready to learn and I am 100% ready to commit to this hobby! I'm looking forward to meeting you all!
Cheers

:wave::wave:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome 1stRagamuffin, Great intro! :beer:
Looks like you're off to a good start, in no time at all you'll be building your own high quality lasers.

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your time here at LPF! :D

Thanks a lot for the welcoming, Jhop! I'm still figuring out how to navigate and operate on here. Please let me know if I'm replying to your comment correctly.

Welcome 1stRagamuffin, Great intro! :beer:
Looks like you're off to a good start, in no time at all you'll be building your own high quality lasers.

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your time here at LPF! :D

Hey @BowtieGuy, I really appreciate the warm welcome. And yes sir that's the plan indeed! I'm fantasizing of building my first laser. I have yet a lot to learn and I'm certain that I've come to the right place. I am opening a new chapter of my life and I couldn't be anymore stoked!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum 1stRagamuffin, :)
It is nice that you have found a positive out of your accident. :beer:
You have a good attitude, you will fit in well. :)
I just hope that your pocket can handle the hobby. :D

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey @BowtieGuy, I really appreciate the warm welcome. And yes sir that's the plan indeed! I'm fantasizing of building my first laser. I have yet a lot to learn and I'm certain that I've come to the right place. I am opening a new chapter of my life and I couldn't be anymore stoked!

I forgot to mention that one your best sources of info. is the "custom search" bar at the bottom of the page, answers to most all your laser related questions can be found there.
As Curtis mentioned, hang on to your wallet!

Last edited:

BobMc

Welcome from another Beamhead:). There's a world of information here, and some really great guys ( politiclty incorrct, should have said "person's," heeee, but seriously there's some really sharp people here. And a lot are more than willing to help if you can't figure something out. ( Happens to everybody sooner or later.) So be safe, enjoy , and looking forward to your first build post.:drool:Their always a great way to learn. Grab some safety glasses, your going to need them. If you keep your eyes open there's some great deals that run through the forum. So I guess it's Mac&Cheese for you for awhile. Heee. Best wishes, take care, and be safe.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum 1stRagamuffin...:wave:
A lot of information here.
The problem is it needs to be read...
but it free.... :beer:
Enjoy your stay.

Jerry

Reactions: GSS
Welcome to the forums, very nice intro.
You're off to a good start.
As others have said the search bar at the bottom of the page can answer all of your questions and some you didn't think of.
Be safe and don't spend too much. :D
Ed

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums, very nice intro.
You're off to a good start.
As others have said the search bar at the bottom of the page can answer all of your questions and some you didn't think of.
Be safe and don't spend too much. :D
Ed

Awesome and thank for the advice! I'll definitely make the search bar my goto. :thanks:

I forgot to mention that one your best sources of info. is the "custom search" bar at the bottom of the page, answers to most all your laser related questions can be found there.
As Curtis mentioned, hang on to your wallet!

Thanks for the great advice! Learning how to build WITHOUT breaking the bank is top priority haha.