Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings From Australia

Hello All,

Im Flavio Spedalieri I live in Sydney Australia.

I have a very strong background in Electronics, Lasers, Holography and Optics since a very young age and going back to very late 1989 early 1990.

Through my early days I collected all sorts of lasers from Helium-Neon, Argon, Ruby, ND:YAG, Semi-conductor and Dye Lasers. I loved watching Laser light shows and taking a look at the projectors and optical setups.

Over the years I have amassed a large collection of Lasers and Optics, including:
  • Coherent Argon Lasers (I-90s, I-70 Photo-coagulators)
  • Coherent Dye Laser (920)
  • Coherent 7900 ND:YAG (I have several working cavities)
  • Coherent Ultima 2000 SE (Working)
  • Norseld CuBr Lasers (Copper Vapour Laser)
  • Sperry Ring Laser Gyroscopes (Ring Laser Gyroscope Photos - By Flavio Spedalieri)
  • Melles-Griot HeNe Laser Tubes & Cylindrical Heads (Red, Green & Yellow)
  • Spectra-Physics 120, 124/B, 908 (OEM) HeNe Lasers
  • M60 Ruby Range Finder cavity
  • JDSU 1145P HeNe laser
  • 20W CO2 Laser Tube + Home-Built flowing gas laser
  • Various Semiconductor lasers including 405nm, 445nm, DPSS, RGBs

Aside from my Lasers, I also collect night vision systems / image intensifiers and have avid interests in other scientific equipment and Victorian era apparatus. I have also a background in coffee equipment (espresso Machines).

My main employed work:
  • 12 year in Information Technology, Desktop, Network support and Field Services.
  • In 2010 I secured a position with Cutera as a service engineer working on various cosmetic ND:YAG systems
  • In 2012, I commenced work with Heidelberg Engineering working on OCT based imaging instruments for Ophthalmology.

Further my main work, I am also a Photographer and lamp designer. You are welcome to check out my works on my sites:

Flavio R. Spedalieri Photography: Flavio R. Spedalieri Photography - Unique and Captivating Images By Flavio Spedalieri
Enigma Lamps: http://engimalamps.com.au

My current projects are evaluating Laser Engravers for the purpose of etching my logos on my works. I also have a 4" Tesla Coil project on the boil.. as love to through some arcs about every once in a while :D

I look forward to meeting some of you on line and welcome any questions or if you need help with anything.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Flavio. :)
Wow, what collection and a good amount of experience you have.
Enjoy your stay. I can see you are going to fit in well here. :beer:

Hello Curtis,

Thank you for the welcome :)

I just realised I also forgot to add to the list, Cambridge 6210 scanners, Viashio lasers etc for laser graphics projectors and also have Pangolin QM2000 Pro.. need to dig it back out ;)

Radim

Welcome to LPF Flavio!

So, now officially. :)
You have a very nice intro here, amazing collection and a lot of stuff done in the field of lasers and so on. I'm looking forward to see your posts here (there is never enough inspiration for art in my case :D). Great we have you here.

Enjoy your stay.

R.

P.S.: I would rep+ you for such a nice intro, but the system keeps telling me: "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later." So, I owe you a rep. :beer:

P.P.S.:

I have a very strong background in Electronics, Lasers, Holography and Optics since a very young age and going back to very late 1989 early 1990.

I look forward to meeting some of you on line and welcome any questions or if you need help with anything.

If so - you are welcome to bend your mind on my "Hologram Question". :D Any ideas welcome, since I'm currently working on experimental aparatus to explore this strange image creation process.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Flavio! :beer:
That's a great laser collection you have there!

Wow, with your lasers, background, and photography experience, you'll fit right in around here. :yh:

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay!

Reactions: GSS

Encap

Ditto what has been said above---you will fit in perfectly on LPF

Excellent nickname---very nice introduction---nice laser collection---some great photos on your site.
Glad you decided to become a member.

Trust you will enjoy your time on LPF---is one of the best forums on the internet---members with knowledge and experience in everything laser and related--good people

Several really good photographers on LPF. Have a look here https://laserpointerforums.com/f48/laser-photography-preservation-gallery-pic-heavy-101912.html

Last edited:
Hello Radim,

Thank you :) Ah holography.. yes a very interesting area that from time to time I keep an eye on to see what is about. I have been tempted to try the Litiholo films (Litiholo ? Home), but as yet still have to buy and give it a go. There are some mixed reviews out, but i'm actually now thinking to pull out my JDSU 1145P and matching up with the films and see how it works.

Should you be interested, here are a couple of other resources for Holgraphy & emulsions:

Christian Holography: World of Tomorrow (one of the best resources).
https://www.integraf.com/shop/holographic-film-plates
Slavich.com - holography emulsions and photographic paper
Homepage - GEOLA

CorticalCafe Computer Generated Hologram (CGH) Kit (An interesting paper on computer generated holograms).
Photoresist Plates for Holography

Just a quick thank you to all for welcoming me to the forum :)

Looking forward to the discussions..

Radim

Thanks for the links. :)
My comments in red.

Should you be interested, here are a couple of other resources for Holgraphy & emulsions:

Christian Holography: World of Tomorrow (one of the best resources).
Frank DeFeritas' page is my favourite source for many years already, I agree one of the best. :D I really love how he passionately implemented his christian views in kind of philosophical meanings of hologram process.

https://www.integraf.com/shop/holographic-film-plates
Slavich.com - holography emulsions and photographic paper
Homepage - GEOLA
These supplier companies I've also browsed many times, especially Integraf and Slavich plates. :D

CorticalCafe Computer Generated Hologram (CGH) Kit (An interesting paper on computer generated holograms).
This I might saw already, but not sure... Definitly will go through it again. :thanks:
Photoresist Plates for Holography
I was not aware of this company (not sure), thanks. ;)

Still I'm interested in way of creating normal digital photo of some properties of holograms - since I moreless randomly discovered (more is in my Hologram Question post(s)) a way when some displays (especially high resolution OLED) are capable of strange mind bending stuff (interference based, since displays are a form of diffraction gratings), where there is 3D scene appearance (even of very low depth of field) and with properties of holograms, what I've observed. Although these displays are not of 3D technology.

What's more, it is strange, I have not find any reasonable explanation for rejecting hypothesis it is hologram (I hate that feeling when your wish brings you into fallacy).

Once I'll do some trials with aparatus being prepared, I should get some results with intentionally for that purpose prepared optical setup. Anyway thanks for that links again - especially this one:

CorticalCafe Computer Generated Hologram (CGH) Kit
(An interesting paper on computer generated holograms).
I'm about to study it. :thanks:

Last edited:
:wave: Welcome to the Forum Flavio...
That is a nice detailed introduction...

Since you are new here and may not
be aware.... Double posting in a short
time is frowned upon by the Forum
community.
It is easy to Edit and combine Posts by
using the [EDIT] button at the bottom
right of each of your posts.

Enjoy your stay and be Laser Safe...

Jerry

Last edited:
Hi welcome wow what an intro great enjoy your stay.
Hey are you good at finding people we are missing a member and a good friend. He’s down under to with skippy on a walk about
Rich:)

BobMc

Welcome Nightlase; always room for another laser enthusiast. Great intro, and you got one heck of a laser collection, very impressive. enjoy and be safe. :wave:

Ps, We may be calling on your services. We have a missing member down in your neck of the woods, Laser Dundee (aka RBAstro) we think he’s on a walk-about. If you see him slap him up-side the back of the head for us. :crackup:

(Just kidding). :)

Edit; Rich, I see you beat me to it. Great minds think alike. :D (Missed it by one minute.) :crackup:

Last edited: