Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings Fellow Photonics!

Hello Everyone!

i just wanted to into myself and say hello to my fellow laser addicts!
I'm Chuck, AKA Fritz HID on CPF and other forums as well.

I have and have had a wide collection of lasers over the years starting with my 1st... an old surveyors HeNe 2mW i acquired from a neighbor when i was 13.
then graduated to handheld H.Q. (for the time) laser pointers.
eventually, after college, i got my 1st taste of a Big Boy laser... a Mitsubishi 4kW CO2 laser processor! ....which was later upgraded to the 6kW version!! :drool:

i tell ya, theres nothing like watching a beam of pure coherent photons punching their way through +1" of 316 SS!!!
i grew to learn and love the fine details of these lasers but have since decided that self employment was more my style so now i build and tinker with every aspect of light that i can!

i currently have in my stock..
200mW DPSS handheld 2x AAA pointer
an old 2x AAA red Radio Shack pen style laser pointer (with an amazingly clean beam i might add!)
an older Hughes 15mW HeNe head and PS.
and lastly, a newly acquired Spectra-Physics 107B-2VP laser head that seems to be in pristine condition (it fires briefly AND lases on my Hughes PS but cannot sustain the arc due to low current) but i lack a proper PS for it and finding one thats compatible on "that auction site" has proven to be frustrating in the least. but i WILL get it to fire as soon as i locate the proper PSU.... i say proper because i'd really prefer to keep this tube in as good a shape as i can, for as long as i can. i plan to have it as a "mantle piece" with mirrors, scanners, etc around the room for S&Gs. keeping the cover off so people can marvel at the beauty of the plasma and glass work.... as well as a beautiful red beam! :D

i'm also in the market for a multi/white line gas laser Ar/Kr laser but i need to keep it single phase since i really dont want to stress my household power with phase converters.

another project i'm thinking about is a diode RGB laser that i can build into a projection system that can project TV like images... but thats a project thats in the farther future. ;)

-Happy Collimating!
Fritz

Welcome, Fritz. With your interest in He-Ne lasers, have you ever gotten into holography?

Welcome, Fritz. With your interest in He-Ne lasers, have you ever gotten into holography?

Hi!
No, not yet. i havent really had the space or resources until just recently. it IS something i've considered looking into tho.
the majority of my laser exp is based on either high power "destructive" lasers or "light show" style systems. i have been considering turning my 2nd livingroom into a "laser bay" of sorts but in my home.... dust, cat hair, contaminants of all types are things that are hard to avoid so i've been keeping my optics limited to things i can clean easily w/o worrying about damaging them.

I hope you stay around and don't go another 5 years without posting. Welcome to LPF.

Alan

I hope you stay around and don't go another 5 years without posting. Welcome to LPF.

Alan

lol, i was wondering if anyone would notice that. i'd joined while doing some searching/research on availability on some items, then that pesky RL got in the way for a while.... now... not as much of an issue.
i have a pristine SP-127b/907/107 He-Ne 35mW lab laser as well as some other odds and ends lasers now that i'd like to do something fun with,... as well as a touch more financing then i had 5 yrs ago!
so... i think i'll be around for a while.

i'm in the market for a full "white-Line" ar/kr laser... want that multi-spectrum beam!!!

also in the market for....
20-200W co2 tubes (cheap, toys TBH)
+1 Watt D/DPSS vis spec lab style lasers but again, these are more on the toy/exp end of things, not "new" or "near death" but used is ok.

to those that may mistake me for an amateur, i have extensive schooling in electronics, Electrical Engineering, and extensive exp HV/LV power supplies, 5kW CO2 laser processors and their respective components. JSTD Soldering (i actually have a full electronics solder rework station in my lab, a Pace PRC2000). I'm working on building a machine shop for host machining as well. (x,y,z, lathe/mill combo).
currently, i design and build lighting for the Unique... basically, i light the things that are hard to illuminate. custom jobs and such.

if anyone cares to go into details, msg me. :)