Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings and Check out my Laser Art!

Hello everybody!

I am eager to begin learning all about Optics, Photonics, and of course Lasers. In my college studies i just began to touch upon the physics behind coherent light. However i was able to harness it to make some fantastic art which i hope you all can enjoy!

Check out my website:
Irradiant Art

I've just begun a career as an artist and part of what i do is manipulating coherent light via optical tools to create abstract images. Now i may be a newb when it comes to building lasers and electronics but i do know a thing or two about what they are capable of. I hope that this fantastic forum will provide me with the support i need (considering all i've read so far im very impressed). While at the same time i hope to help others in accomplishing amazing things with light.

So bear with me. I may be one of those slow artist types; but, i really do love science and i just want to learn enough about electronics to build my own lasers.

Last edited:

Howdy and Welcome to the forum :wave:
Have fun and be Safe ;)

Wow all those pictures are black and white, where is the color, I doubt if you had
a white laser there to make these pics with so how about showing some color.

Last edited:
Wow all those pictures are black and white, where is the color, I doubt if you had
a white laser there to make these pics with so how about showing some color.

I use 8x10 B&W Negatives. One day when i get R G B lasers and build a beam combiner I'll start using color film. But for now a monochromatic source calls for B&W Film both practically and aesthetically.

Last edited:
Woah those pictures are awesome!

Really interesting patterns, what exactly did you reflect them off?

Keep up the good work! :)

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and this....

33 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

Nice Pics..... Should be nice in color...

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Last edited:
I'm not one of those stupid hipster people that think black and white is the ultimate thing in photography because "retro&vintage must be cool, always", but in this case, it's way better without color.

It's way more aesthetically pleasing. Sometimes reminds me of X-ray radiograms, even transmission electron microphotograms or deep sky objects... or just smoke in the dark room illuminated by a lamp.

Very cool, IrradiantMind. :)