Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Greetings and Check out my Laser Art!

IrradiantMind

Hello everybody!

I am eager to begin learning all about Optics, Photonics, and of course Lasers. In my college studies i just began to touch upon the physics behind coherent light. However i was able to harness it to make some fantastic art which i hope you all can enjoy!

Check out my website:
Irradiant Art

I've just begun a career as an artist and part of what i do is manipulating coherent light via optical tools to create abstract images. Now i may be a newb when it comes to building lasers and electronics but i do know a thing or two about what they are capable of. I hope that this fantastic forum will provide me with the support i need (considering all i've read so far im very impressed). While at the same time i hope to help others in accomplishing amazing things with light.

So bear with me. I may be one of those slow artist types; but, i really do love science and i just want to learn enough about electronics to build my own lasers.

Last edited:

Flaminpyro

Howdy and Welcome to the forum :wave:
Have fun and be Safe ;)

Wow all those pictures are black and white, where is the color, I doubt if you had
a white laser there to make these pics with so how about showing some color.

Last edited:

IrradiantMind

Wow all those pictures are black and white, where is the color, I doubt if you had
a white laser there to make these pics with so how about showing some color.
I use 8x10 B&W Negatives. One day when i get R G B lasers and build a beam combiner I'll start using color film. But for now a monochromatic source calls for B&W Film both practically and aesthetically.

Last edited:

Eudaimonium

Woah those pictures are awesome!

Really interesting patterns, what exactly did you reflect them off?

Keep up the good work! :)

lajoswinkler

I'm not one of those stupid hipster people that think black and white is the ultimate thing in photography because "retro&vintage must be cool, always", but in this case, it's way better without color.

It's way more aesthetically pleasing. Sometimes reminds me of X-ray radiograms, even transmission electron microphotograms or deep sky objects... or just smoke in the dark room illuminated by a lamp.

Very cool, IrradiantMind. :)