Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Long distance Laser Designator

nd5-sideshot.jpg

ND5 Green Laser for search and rescue, hunting | Laser Genetics

Is this spam? I cant tell....

Neither can I.

The specs are interesting though:

"The ND5 Laser Locator light utilizes a proprietary 20MW Green Laser which operates at 532NM with a output life of up to 8 hours of continuous use using two, 3V lithium batteries. Green is the easiest light or color for the human eye to see and causes no typical “night blindness” associated with standard or high intensity flash lights. Thus the ND5 provides illumination completely suitable for night work with the least amount of eye adjustment."

First of all, 20mW aint much for visibility even if it is green. And for the size of the thing and at $350, I don't think many will bite. The photos exaggerate what this will be capable of.

Secondly... Green is hard on the eyes. Red is much better for night vision.

This seems like a nice product, but I think a 100mW green at a lower price will be more effective.

Yeah I made something like this with a digital video camera optics set up trying to make a beam expander. It has manual focus and zoom. I put a 20mW (tested) DX 532nm beam through it and it spread the beam, but the power was terrible. 20mW isnt that bright to begin with, but once you spread the beam its brightness dissipates quite fast.

Yeah I made something like this with a digital video camera optics set up trying to make a beam expander. It has manual focus and zoom. I put a 20mW (tested) DX 532nm beam through it and it spread the beam, but the power was terrible. 20mW isnt that bright to begin with, but once you spread the beam its brightness dissipates quite fast.

You lost a lot of light because the lenses of the digital camera aren't designed [improper AR coating ] to transmit [absorption] plus multiple surfaces [reflection] result too in a great loss of light.

If anyone lives in Vegas starting today you can go see for yourself. If anyone does let us know what you think of these two devices. Shotshow booth 11849 January 19-22.
No and know this ain't spam. I saw this yesterday over at Candlepower forums

Benm

Indeed... the only benefit of a beam expander is achieving smaller spots at really great distances - at least several hundred meters for it to make a significant difference. Perhaps in this case one added benefit is that the exit beam is so large that it is eye-safe even at 20 mW (or quite a bit more).

You lost a lot of light because the lenses of the digital camera aren't designed [improper AR coating ] to transmit [absorption] plus multiple surfaces [reflection] result too in a great loss of light.

If anyone lives in Vegas starting today you can go see for yourself. If anyone does let us know what you think of these two devices. Shotshow booth 11849 January 19-22.
No and know this ain't spam. I saw this yesterday over at Candlepower forums

Shot show is only for police and Military, not everyday citizens....unless I am mistaken. The company I work for is there.(booth #20531 in the Law Enforcement Section) I will try to get a co-worker to check it out.....better yet, I think we might have one here at the shop. (N3 version)

Last edited:
Shot show is only for police and Military, not everyday citizens....unless I am mistaken. The company I work for is there.(booth #20531 in the Law Enforcement Section) I will try to get a co-worker to check it out.....better yet, I think we might have one here at the shop. (N3 version)

post pics please of this laser if you have it in shop.

Thanks,
will

Sorry....Let me rephrase. It turns out that a co-worker owns it.....But it might not be the same thing. I will ask him to bring it in tomorrow.

I have only seen it once...and if it is the same thing, I can honestly say that it is very well made. :)

Sorry....Let me rephrase. It turns out that a co-worker owns it.....But it might not be the same thing. I will ask him to bring it in tomorrow.

I have only seen it once...and if it is the same thing, I can honestly say that it is very well made. :)

cool, thanks.

will

I just received the Genisys ND3 from Laser Genetics. I will post a full review of it this weekend....including pics and beam shots.

nice... I'm just wondering if the beam is really like 20mm wide like they show in the photo :)

will

Well...I am not an optical guru, but what I can say is this..
The beam initially starts out as 26mm wide. You can have this thing focused to be a very small dot at very long distances. The downfall on this feature is that if you want to keep a small dot, everytime you change the distance of what you are pointing at, you have to adjust the focus again.

Overall...This thing is mildly impressive...optics wise. The is one huge downfall that I have noticed....MODE HOPPING
One thing I can't figure out is how this thing costs $329.95 usd.

Like I said...I will write an interesting review about this laser...including nice pics and beam shots