Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Long distance Laser Designator

Well...I am not an optical guru, but what I can say is this..
The beam initially starts out as 26mm wide. You can have this thing focused to be a very small dot at very long distances. The downfall on this feature is that if you want to keep a small dot, everytime you change the distance of what you are pointing at, you have to adjust the focus again.

Overall...This thing is mildly impressive...optics wise. The is one huge downfall that I have noticed....MODE HOPPING
One thing I can't figure out is how this thing costs $329.95 usd.

Like I said...I will write an interesting review about this laser...including nice pics and beam shots

26mm wide- WTH It sounds like they blew cash on a beam expander and slacked in other places... bad idea, if people want a wide beam they can focus it out. Well that's too bad, I wonder if the newer one does the same thing.

will

26mm wide- WTH It sounds like they blew cash on a beam expander and slacked in other places... bad idea, if people want a wide beam they can focus it out.

will

Focusing out can be done with this device. However, focusing out does not have the same result as expanding the beam then collimating it optimally for maximal distance projection with the given optics.

Focusing out can be done with this device. However, focusing out does not have the same result as expanding the beam then collimating it optimally for maximal distance projection with the given optics.

but you have to focus it to optimal projection anyway....

will

Steve...Do you work for this company? I have a feeling that you do....Especially when you wrote...
If anyone lives in Vegas starting today you can go see for yourself. If anyone does let us know what you think of these two devices. Shotshow booth 11849 January 19-22.

I will write an honest review of this Laser/light later tonight or tomorrow.
I, honestly do have one sitting on my desk right now.
From what I can see so far...it's ok, but it's definitely lacking some things....especially since it costs over $300. I personally can't picture spending more than $200for one of these. I also can't personally picture it costing more than $80 to manufacture this thing either.

I will write a nice review. :)

My brother has a ND-3 that he uses with his binoculars and scope. He has been very happy with this device. I have looked at the new ND-3X50 which is a new version with 2 batteries and 50mW, but it is very large and heavy.

i think it looks kinda cool, would be a sweet accessory if you're hunting, price is steep though...

EDIT: 400th post :D

stuart :)