Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

green laser help 100 mw

I got this green laser off of Amazon it says max output 100 mw I'm using a ultra fire 4000mah 3.7v battery and I can't burn anything it's focusable.

USAbro

Amazon doesn't sell lasers over 5mw. eBay does. It is not 100mw. If it was you need glasses, probably still do now.

Please post a link to the laser.

upaa27

Please read around this forum. We have had many come here only to ask why their $20 100000 watt laser doesn't burn anything.

If it sounds too good to be true that is because 99% of the time it is.

As stated Amazon only sells lasers up to 5 mw.

Cheap Chinese 532nm lasers are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. I bought one on Amazon and it lasted 10 days. 532nm lasers are unstable and unreliable and break easy due to the DPSS design. If you buy one buy an expensive one of high quality or buy a 520nm instead.

Alan

sorry martin-- but you are NOT off to a good start here--

we give better help if you place your location into your personal profile-no need for the city ....at least what country.

your thread may do better in another section...
and frankly I like new memebers a LOT more when they first introduce themselves in our WELCOME section-- not nice to start asking for favors and help w/o doing a nice intro first. You forgot to add 'please' to your OP.

(not sure?? read the intros made by others in the welcome section--)

and you are already double posting -- not a practice that many here like- edit those into just ONE post and go forth and double post no more.

do the above & i have a reward for you-- hak

did you try adding another lens to your green handheld?? like we do with the sun??

btw... there are hundreds of things more 'fun' than 'burin' stuff'.

AND P L E A S E DO NOT ASK ANY MORE QUESTIONS WITHOUT FIRST DOING A SEARCH--TY

and even then it may be better to just ask a vet- I will reply if you PM me.

hak

Last edited:

Podo

Ze host shows it from china and we use to call it "303" because of it's 303 stainless steel host. 40~80mw would be its outpost typically. So it would burns depends on your battery quality. I use my 3400mah Panasonic(the best of 18650)to power up a laser like this so it can burns matches (around 60mw) but an ultrafire "4000mah"? I don't think so.

Last edited:
Assuming the laser is powerful enough to burn stuff and assuming it is focusable you need to adjust the focus in order to burn. And, don;t even think of trying to burn stuff until you have an appropriate pair of googles. Otherwise you will damage your eyes.

USAbro

The reason it is not as good as an eBay 301, is because Amazon limits and tests all lasers for sale on there site, where as eBay does not.

The reason it is not as good as an eBay 301, is because Amazon limits and tests all lasers for sale on there site, where as eBay does not.

WHERE did you read that??

AixiZ sells at Greedbay and Scamazon and they AFAIK never get to see the lasers sold= they go from seller to buyer-- & nobody sends them to amazon.

I think due to the sheer volume of lases listed-- they get taken down by them and soon get listed again-- ask DTR- they yanked listings for things like lenses and drivers- I think this may be handled by some kind of heartless bot.:shhh:

The OP may not yet understand that the brightest(green) is not ALSO the fastest burner (405) --

AFAIK the only place they get tested in by US Customs-(or the FDA)- they tested a batch of my green pen lasers from china kept 1/2 and finally sent me the other 17~ 3 months later-- Luke(Yob) got a huge number of red pointers after a wait of >2 years-- San Fran Ca. US Customs sucks..

OKAY USAbro was not totally wrong nor was I totally right=
Lasers need pre-approval
Lasers sold on Amazon are NOT tested by them BUT DO require pre-approval
its just not done by Amazon..

Illegal laser pointers on Amazon.com

UPDATE, August 13 2013: Amazon.com has recently tightened its rules for selling laser pointers and related products. The new Amazon.com policy requires pre-approval of laser pointers and related products. The products are limited to Class 3R (5 mW) or less and must be branded; examples include Kensington, Quartet, 3M and Logitech. Products must have a testing report from Intertek, UL or SGS. For more details, see this story at LaserPointerSafety.com.

The information below, originally published in March 2013, is retained for historical purposes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

A smart buyer will give more or equal attention to the 532nm output as they will for the IR filters=== and there are NEVER filters in any of the sub$5 green pointers--measured output of 50 mW will likely be a true 5 mW green but the danger is the 45 mW of IR and the fact that the goggles most own will let all that pass. One other choice would be to add the IR filter yourself-not all that hard and Junktronics has tiny ones cheap.++

Last edited: