Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Grainde Positive Experience.

CE5

I'd like to take this opportunity to extend my thanks and gratitude to Grainde, for an outstanding buying experience. I was fortunate enough to score a sweet! Mirror polished Sinner Envy host (new design) with copper core, featuring a NUBM44 diode, with a 7w! output. Grainde's internal build on this Sinner host is impeccable. Once my payment cleared, he quickly shipped the piece out and immediately provided the tracking# The piece was securely packaged with plenty of bubble wrap & closed cell Styrofoam wrap protection. And the timely back & forth communication during the deal process was a very nice contributor to the overall smoothness of the transaction. A happy customer is a loyal customer, and I look forward to doing business with Grainde, again anytime!

And man, this mirror polished Envy, is Slick & Suhweet!
Thanks again Grainde, you the man!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice to hear CE5, you won't go wrong in dealing with grainde, he's always made and sold impeccable quality lasers! :yh:

Now we need some photos! ;)

Encap

CE5 nice mention---we are lucky to have people like Grainde as resources that LPF members can count on and trust to deliver quality. +rep when I can

Sounds you got a very nice laser from Grainde--his polished hosts are great looking/attractive just as desk art--that they are excellent build quality lasers --- makes them a good value. Enjoy it --be careful and always use proper eye safety and laser operating procedures -- 7W is nothing to play games with--is a seriously dangerous laser.

As BowtieGuy has said above--would be nice to see some photo's---please post a few.

Last edited:

BobMc

Excellent CE5, glad to hear you've got such a beauty. But I got to agree with Encap and Bowtie, we need pics, you can't just say you got such a beauty and leave us hanging and not post some pics that's just plain mean! :crackup: :pop: :)

Last edited:
grainde is a great guy! :yh: I've deal with him before, as in getting a Aries from LG shipped into the US.... :pop: :D :D Thx grainde!

-Alex

Last edited:

Radim

I'd like to take this opportunity to extend my thanks and gratitude to Grainde, for an outstanding buying experience. I was fortunate enough to score a sweet! Mirror polished Sinner Envy host (new design) with copper core, featuring a NUBM44 diode, with a 7w! output. Grainde's internal build on this Sinner host is impeccable. Once my payment cleared, he quickly shipped the piece out and immediately provided the tracking# The piece was securely packaged with plenty of bubble wrap & closed cell Styrofoam wrap protection. And the timely back & forth communication during the deal process was a very nice contributor to the overall smoothness of the transaction. A happy customer is a loyal customer, and I look forward to doing business with Grainde, again anytime!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your customer experience. :beer:

Do not forget to do a review once you've tested it long enough to do so... I'm highly interested reading that. :whistle:

Enjoy that beast. Seems to me your collection is growing fast and with true jewels. ;)

Glad to hear your'e enjoying your new Grainde built High
Powered Laser.....
I hope you have appropriate Laser Safety Glasses/Googles
for that monster...:beer:

Jerry

Last edited:
Very nice, CE5. Yeah, grainde is a great guy and an experienced builder. He got the last of of sinner's back stock awhile back and has been turning them into high quality builds for sale. If you don't have the tools or expertise to build one for yourself, his builds are as good as they come.

Last edited:

CE5

WOW! I wasn't expecting all these great reply's. One of the reasons why I created this feedback thread was due to the fact that when I performed a search of this sub-forum to see if there was some other feedback for Grainde, I was unable to locate another posting? that I could add my comments to. So I felt moved to immediately remedy that situation!

@BTG, all I have is an iPhone, to snap pics with. Don't think I can do this piece justice but I'll see what I can do.

@Encap, functional art- yep that's what kinda drew me to this mirror polished Envy. There seems to be a tendency for folks to qualify highly textured machined hosts as looking like an 'alien' laser. But to me if aliens carried lasers, they would probably resemble the sleek extruded bar stock look of this Envy.:tinfoil: Or some other seamless smooth extruded shape.

@BobMc, I'm working on throwing up some pics. But at present I don't have the proper batteries for this Envy. Grainde, recommended AW's 16340s and I am placing an order for those. I also wanted to wait until this piece successfully jumped through all the hoops to get here before I ordered the batteries. As I was waiting for this last piece to arrive and was planning on doing a group shot. At present I have This Envy, the D/L 589 Spartan and the 1W 405nm Sanwu, Light Saber Spiker +3x BE, that I received from Atlas87. I also have (all black finishes) a 800mw 532nm PL-E Pro - a 1w 520nm PL-E Pro -a 500mw 405nm PL-E Pro - w/a 10x J/L BE, and a W/L Evo, with everything- even that firmware cable dongle.

@Hap, oh you've just breathed some life into an idea that has also crossed my mind. As I have my eye on some CNI modules and was wondering if some agreeable fellow abroad might be willing to help a brother out. Grainde, does seem to have a few Sinner, hosts still available Hhmmm. ;)

@Grainde, you are most welcome, it was my pleasure. :wave:

@Radim, just like my photo op skills are iPhone limited, my review would probably be along the lines of 'Holy Crap! this thing is awesome!' :D

@CurtisOliver, I absolutely agree that your countryman here does outstanding work!

@Alaskan, hey man Grainde's got another one just like this still available. It is a nice piece of alloy. :whistle::san:

@Lasersbee, oh yeah on all counts. I've got OD5+ Eagle pairs for all WV's and once I started actually getting my mitts on some of these hi-power units, I quickly observed the serious biz nature of these beasts. I always wear EP, indoors and when outdoors do a quick scan of the area wearing EP until the intended surroundings have been swept.:beer:

@paul1598419, yeah I no longer have access to any test equipment. And I don't know if I want to get back into that and accumulate more stuff. I could probably make due with a nice quality multimeter & iron, for whenever the needs arise and I have a couple of LPF, members nearby with tons of that stuff on hand already if I need expanded access. And Grainde, is the man for the Sinner, supply from what I've gathered. This is a very nice bespoke piece that he sent, it has the attention to detail and nuances that deems such a term.

Thanks again guys, and a very special thanks once again to Grainde. :thanks:

BobMc

Your more than welcome. Enjoy that beauty. And a "hat tip" to Grainde!

Didn't know you had such an extensive collection going, well done. :)

Ps, how do you like the firmware cable for your Evo? I have an Evo but no computer hook up.

Last edited:

CE5

I haven't got round to even using it yet Lol! I also have the bluetooth and the smartport modules. I did verify that the Evo, itself was operational. And the mode switch was functioning properly. I'm using enloop AA's for power. I obviously got into all this after the W/L heydays, and this particular Evo, is a nice little unit, but I don't think I'm going to be collecting any other W/L's. That niche in my developing collection has already been filled by the J/L PL-E Pro's. I only picked up the Evo, to check out the programming integration to see how it works in a small, compact unit format.

BobMc

I haven't got round to even using it yet Lol! I also have the bluetooth and the smartport modules. I did verify that the Evo, itself was operational. And the mode switch was functioning properly. I'm using enloop AA's for power. I obviously got into all this after the W/L heydays, and this particular Evo, is a nice little unit, but I don't think I'm going to be collecting any other W/L's. That niche in my developing collection has already been filled by the J/L PL-E Pro's. I only picked up the Evo, to check out the programming integration to see how it works in a small, compact unit format.

Last year I won a bid on eBay where I purchased about 70 broken WL's. I learned how to dismantled the Evo's. It's actually pretty simple. You unsolder the spring/contact board. Than you remove board. Pull out driver board, unplug the plugs on it. Remembering which direction they went. ( learned the hard way) :tinfoil: one set of wires will go to the button which after you disconnect gets pulled out not pushed in. The other set of wires go to the led lights, just gets unplugged. The wires going to the diode need to be unsoldered. Than if you want to remove the diode it gets pressed out from the top down.
If you were interested in taking a look at their pc board?

Anyways, looks like you got some fun toys to play with. Remember no fair burning the cat. :)

Last edited: