Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Got my 500mw Green UltraFure From Price Angels!

Cad602

First off, editing posts should only be allowed by those who have a command of the subject matter, so I am imposing a ban on editing until I can better pay attention. Multi tasking is killing my communication skills. That's my storey and I'm sticking with it.

I am over worked and occasionally delusional, so much so that I'm sitting here at work thinking about this, 200mW transformable green laser/adjustable [OLV6200] - $129.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
and this: Green laser module 200mW For custom build or lab [OLGLM200] - $115.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
and I'm teetering on getting the completed host.

I've given up on looking for a bargain and now I think I just want the best I can afford...

cad602

Toke

I got something identical looking to that first host, 75mW with a <1500mW sticker on it. :D

I you buy it, check if it allows protected 18650 or compress them a few mm. The guy I got it from had a rather violated 18650 to show for it. It fits a 16340 just fine without the extender.

Cad602

I've seen the same host a few other places, but for a lot less, and with some other brand's name on it. What I'm relying on is that it's claimed to have 175~200mW and that O-Like seems to have a good reputation...all indications is that the host has that same DIY module - power rating is the same anyway...
I started another thread in the appropriate place :) to get a larger sampling, and I'm wondering what kind of opinions I'll get in there... I'm hoping to get it right this time.... But something tells me I'm going to flounder a little longer.

Cad602

I just bought this laser and I'm going to love it, even it I know it's not the best I can do. But it will be here in 5 days or less!

Next I need to learn about what a mode is (mode hop?), scatter (I think I understand that), and divergence. Sitting here watching the boy do karate leaves little time for study!

cad602

Toke

That gives you 5 days or less to make sure you have a 16340 and charger for it. (Or a CR123A.)

The <5mW statement is likely just for Ebay purposes, interesting to see what power they have put in it. If you don't have a LPM or something to compare with the cail cap current can give a clue.

jakeGT

I just bought this laser and I'm going to love it, even it I know it's not the best I can do. But it will be here in 5 days or less!

Next I need to learn about what a mode is (mode hop?), scatter (I think I understand that), and divergence. Sitting here watching the boy do karate leaves little time for study!

cad602

I really like that host!

That gives you 5 days or less to make sure you have a 16340 and charger for it. (Or a CR123A.)

The <5mW statement is likely just for Ebay purposes, interesting to see what power they have put in it. If you don't have a LPM or something to compare with the cail cap current can give a clue.

Toke there have been a couple reviews on the lasers he sends out. Some people got overspec lasers. I was going to order one but I already have a >100mw IR filtered laser so it wouldn't be good. I told cad for the price you can't go wrong. cad I will pm you about scatter and mode hopping and explain it so you can understand so I am not spamming your thread here :p.

Cad602

Yep, Jeff helped out in my other thread in the green lasers forum where he told me about that seller. I was of course skeptical noticing the <5m in description and Jeff patiently told me about that sellers way of stating power was to put it in tht title (ie- #200) - I then filpped a coin and waited for the wife to fall alseep -- and bought it ! :)
I have a laserbee 2.5w LPM and am having a blast with it!

I will read up on those Links after I put the kids to bed...ugh what a busy day! Coming home to have this great support group is a great feeling & I really do appreciate all the help (and patience). Any of you ever stop in to check out the nations capital you can look me up, I can cook & have 5 acres of woods for "laser tag" :) JK, Airsoft!

Cad602

Cad602

Kind of related, kind of not...and this is not about a green laser, but I finally have a laser that is putting out well over 500mW!

It's my 445nm A-140 powered project box "host." And it is now able to put out up to 589mW after making it so I can switch between ten 1ohm resistors in parallel and a 3ohm resistor (175mw for that mode) in the driver circuit.

...but I'm guessing that the 200mw Green I'm getting this week will still "appear" brighter - and I can't wait!

But I have another 445 A-140 (& heat sink) that is going to run side by side in the same project box until I read up on how to combine them!

Cad602

Kind of related, kind of not...and this is not about a green laser, but I finally have a laser that is putting out well over 500mW!

It's my 445nm A-140 powered project box "host." And it is now able to put out up to 589mW after making it so I can switch between ten 1ohm resistors in parallel and a 3ohm resistor (175mw for that mode) in the driver circuit.

...but I'm guessing that the 200mw Green I'm getting this week will still "appear" brighter - and I can't wait!

But I have another 445 A-140 (& heat sink) that is going to run side by side in the same project box until I read up on how to combine them!

Cad602

With proper cooling, you can push one 445 diode to >1.7W. You should have 2 1.7W 445s combined to make 3.4W! haha :evil:

Cad602

Schweet! Actually - with fresh batteries She launched up and peaked at 755mW :)

I've got to investigate some miniature refrigeration device...or I can use my knowledge of pipefitting to make a miniature chilled water system...

Little by little...

cad602

Schweet! Actually - with fresh batteries She launched up and peaked at 755mW :)

I've got to investigate some miniature refrigeration device...or I can use my knowledge of pipefitting to make a miniature chilled water system...

Little by little...

cad602

You could use this. AixiZ
You won't have an infinite duty cycle but it should last long enough.

Cad602

I actually bought three of those about a week ago :)

I don't know if an aixiz module and that heatsink is better than the 1" solid aluminum heatsink I've got the diode pressed in already and more of an issue than this is that the finned heatsink (I'm using one on the project table right now) won't fit into what I am using now and what I've planned on using as a dual host, but if I discover that my 1" heatsink is inadequate I'll "drop it like it's hot."

I'm about to attempt to learn how to test heat sinks, and I suspect that I need a digital thermometer attached in such a way that allows for an accurate reading at the diode...I know fins are generally better though and I'm likely resisting the inevitable.

Then there's the fact that I don't have a tool to press diodes in and (in this case) out of the various modules...edit: and I've already pressed both my (working) A140's into the heatsinks./edit
The tools I've seen on ebay look like a rip off and I just need to go and make something. Of course I need some extra time....Time...*sigh* :p

By the way, here's the heatsink I'm using for my A-140's right now.

Thanks for any and all help and suggestions!

Cad602

Last edited: