Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GOOD NEWS for Pangolin QS and Beyond Owners

----today I got an email from Pangolin and there are some free updates for them--one of the selling points of Pangolin's software are the free updates (not to be confused w/ upgrades-not 'free' but they do subtract what you paid when upgrading)

not sure these linkse will work email me at hakzaw1gmail & I will fwd the
message....

Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original

To commemorate 30 years in business,
we're releasing brand new versions of
our most popular software!

Check out thew new QuickShow 3.0 and BEYOND 3.0

Read below to learn more about the substantial improvements we've made,
to the world's leading laser control platforms. And see them in action for yourself, at PLS Frankfurt 2016. Hall 5, Booth D16.

QuickShow 3.0 - Check it out!

QuickShow has been a world leading laser control platform for years, and now we're making it even better! The new QuickShow 3.0 includes a variety of improvements that make it even more powerful, while still retaining the
ease of use and affordable price point clients have come to love.
And best of all, the update is FREE!

New MIDI Support & APC Mini Profile
With QS 3.0, you now get full MIDI support for the popular APC Mini. In addition, we have created a special bundle, allowing you to get QuickShow 3.0 and the APC Mini, at one low price. Offers coming soon! Stay tuned.

New Virtual DJ Plugin
QuickShow now offers a new Virtual DJ plugin, allowing you to precisely and automatically sync your music together with your laser shows. This a perfect control solution for artists using the Virtual DJ software, and best of all, the plugin is absolutely FREE!

Faster Scan Speeds
QuickShow 3.0 now supports up to 40K scan speeds, providing you with faster, more accurate scanning capability. NOTE: BEYOND software supports up to 120K scan speeds, and the FB3QS hardware also supports up to 120K.

Improved Workspace with more cues
QuickShow 3.0 also provides clients with an all new workspace, including more cues, programmed by our renowned team of laser artists! We will be introducing the new workspace at PLS Frankfurt 2016. Join us, and come and see it in action!

BEYOND 3.0 - The Professional Standard

BEYOND 3.0 bridges the gap between laserists and lighting designers. Allowing you, as an artist, to harness the power of BEYOND software
for creating laser show content, and easily combine this with show
operation from a lighting console... Making control of lasers
from a lighting console, better than ever before!

BEYOND DMX Server Mode
With BEYOND 3.0, you can now have an increidbly advanced DMX server to work with inside the software. And each zone of BEYOND is represented as it's own fixture, inside the lighting console.

Plug and Play Console Support
With advanced support for DMX Input, now you can work directly from a lighting console without having to program any complex PangoScripts, or load any custom profiles.

See all of this in action
Check out this video, showing how the GrandMA is easily used together with our FB4 Network Lasers, for easy control directly from a lighting console.

It has been my SOP to tell ALL new Pangolin owners to send them an email w/ your FB3 SN and email addy to get these updates..SO if you did not get this one---that is why... [/B]

Last edited:

Oh snap more cues!!!! yay!
Plus that update message every time I open QS is annoying. That's also cool that they are supporting a faster scanner speed.
As if I didn't already spend most of my free time sitting in a chair playing with QS

ALSO Facebook there is an extensive tutorial on use of Beyond-IIRC its at the Laserist group..
to learn fast I use two PCs w/ one running a PJ-this way I can do everything I see in the tut at the same time- I stop and back up and do over til I completely understand.
I did this same method when I first got QS.

if you still have questions the Pangolin forum will be helpful.

hak

Oh snap more cues!!!! yay!
Plus that update message every time I open QS is annoying. That's also cool that they are supporting a faster scanner speed.
As if I didn't already spend most of my free time sitting in a chair playing with QS

It can be addictive-
no sense of time..

JUST remember to 'SAVE WORKSPACE' or you lose anything you 'put together'..

OK here is the QS deal ATM-- as you read -they added more great stuff again.. QS 2.8 and after putting it out--- they thought of another kewl upgrade- so you can dwnld 2.8 if you want then about 10 days from now afaik they will release QS 3.0 mentioned in the OP.

btw You do not need to uninstall older Pangolin soft, I think it 'knows' already to do that.

_- the top Pangolin guys have been in Germany and ANOTHER very swell trade show..

if you hit a snag (like I did) call during normal hours (THEY SAY 24/7 BUT C'MON) at 1 800 PANGOLIN- Aaron or another can help..--if you write add the number from your FB3,

and AixiZ as the seller if it came from me or AixiZ directly.

while I was there I saw some great stuff I had missed-- great read on taking pics like Bruce--check it and everything at Pangolin.com

take the 6 min demo of QS- read about how projectors are made and work-don be A 'skarrdy kat'- it only looks real confusing at first:whistle:

the link-:
Resources - Pangolin Laser Systems

Pangolin also has a support forum- get help 'in writing'

hak:D