Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Goldenstar Lab GB: CNI 1.8w 532nm $487 / 1.3w 650nm $423 and more...

You lucky dogs!!!! I expect lots of pics from you people. So many cool lasers and PJs out
there and so little money to buy them. :>) Bring on the pics and videos, I will just have to live
vicariously on them. Have fun and definitely wear those laser shades.

D

Deleted member 16589

Man I want one.
Hope you do another group-buy soon.
maybe when I have some spare cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa boy! Put my 532 on the Ophir tonight just for a few seconds. I didn't have things set up properly and set the laser to shine onto a black wrought iron bedpost then held the Ophir head as steady as I could in front of the beam. When I got it as steady as I could I couldn't believe the numbers I was seeing. 2.35-2.45 watts!, never dipped below 2.1. With these Ophirs if you don't have the beam perfectly steady the output will drop somewhat, and bobble around. Well, it's not the output dropping but you get the idea. I'm pretty sure the output is steady as a rock, probably less than a few mW fluctuation. I am really looking forward to setting up properly and checking it then. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing dials in at 2.45w steady. So, a 1.5w laser sold for $460 putting out a solid. 2.3w at least is the best deal I have heard of in a while.

I haven't checked for IR but I have no reason to believe this CNI head would be any different than the others I've owned, i.e. almost none.

Oh, and it's bright as hell too. Nice beam profile, TEM00, no splash, perfect as far as I can see.

I'm gonna sleep well tonight knowing I got a good deal on this one. Still a bit awestruck.

I would like to buy one too, but no money until I sell something in about two weeks, if the opportunity presents itself again, please let me know.

I am not planning to do another group buy on these for a while. There wasn't much interest and we barely got the people together to make this happen, if you like I can refer you to Mimi as a LPF member and ask her if she is willing to provide some discount on one when you are prepared to buy. In the end we each saved ourselves about $40 or so on the greens and about $32 on the reds. Not awesome but not bad either.

This thread is a month old but I really want to see photographs!

I am considering buying one of the 1.3w reds here in the next month or two. Anyone viewing this thread still can email or PM me if you think you might be interested in getting something from Goldenstar. Depending on interest early on I may gear up for another GB from them. Same terms with some different possibilities likely.

Although I am not planning on posting a formal GB thread for at least a month, should four more lasers be needed and there is serious commitment I would place an order at anytime the five minimum for the discount is acheived.

Have a nice weekend!

That's very tempting. I won't commit to one right now, but I'll seriously consider if a 2nd GB happens :)

any updates? I am looking at buying the green laser after reading this thread. any issues or concerns?

Pman

^^ You may have brought up an older thread but I never saw it. Always nice to see members finding great deals but those 532nm are seriously nasty:eek::lasergun:

Funny this came up, I was on Goldenstar labs web site last week looking at these again.

I asked the OP about this when this was still fresh and he told me to keep an eye on the Group Buy section.

P.S. What ever happened to Jmillerdoc? anyone know he was our group buy guru?