Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

going to buy a blue 1W laser and i need help choosing

and that has nothing to do with how long the batteries will last. that just means once you turn it on it doesnt need to be turned off to prevent overheating. lasers without good heat sinking require a on/off period to prevent the diode/DPSS (depending on the laser) from over heating and killing it.

only way you could keep it on 24/7 is if you had the DC adapter and it was plugged into your wall all day and all night but then electric bill would kill you! batteries require a charging after XX time but that depends on the current draw and mAh of the batteries

and that has nothing to do with how long the batteries will last. that just means once you turn it on it doesnt need to be turned off to prevent overheating. lasers without good heat sinking require a on/off period to prevent the diode/DPSS (depending on the laser) from over heating and killing it.

only way you could keep it on 24/7 is if you had the DC adapter and it was plugged into your wall all day and all night but then electric bill would kill you! batteries require a charging after XX time but that depends on the current draw and mAh of the batteries

no not the PL-E 1.2 W the PL 1 W from lasersbtb does it has a continueous duty cycle and is it as bright as the PL-E Pro 1200mW

Last edited:
well the same thing applies just minus the part about the DC adapter. With batteries it can be turned on and left on until the batteries die but once they die they need charging

The PL-E pros say they have an unlimited cycle, but 7 minutes is recommended. I would bet tons of money that this laser could burn out in an hour, maybe less. certainly within a day of being on. 7 min is a very high duty cycle, the highest I've personally seen on a handheld other than the hercules, which has TEC, as well as a truly unlimited duty cycle

The PL-E pros say they have an unlimited cycle, but 7 minutes is recommended. I would bet tons of money that this laser could burn out in an hour, maybe less. certainly within a day of being on. 7 min is a very high duty cycle, the highest I've personally seen on a handheld other than the hercules, which has TEC, as well as a truly unlimited duty cycle

yeah i just like to have a high duty cycle because if im burning something or engraving or trying to light a fire work fuse from 10 feet away i really want to try that i want to be able to use the tripod to get it on the fuse and see how far i can light a fuse using the focus on the laser

like how some lasers have a 120 sec on 60 sec off i want one that can not have that but on a conciderable amount

Last edited:
either the PL-E Pro or PL will have a good duty cycle. as long as the laser is focused and on a tri-pod you shouldnt have trouble lighting a fuse from 10ft. ive seen 1W 445nm pop a balloon that is 50 feet away so lighting a fuse from 10 shouldnt be a problem

thx im probably going to get the PL-E Pro but the PL from laserbtb might be 200mW less but i like the silver if the PL-E Pro so im getting that one

thats what i was saying before. they are both killer lasers and at this point its basically whatever you like more so good choice! i dont work for either company so i could care less. hak is a great guy and your in good hands with him

thats what i was saying before. they are both killer lasers and at this point its basically whatever you like more so good choice! i dont work for either company so i could care less. hak is a great guy and your in good hands with him

thanks man you have provided so much help and i will contact hak for some batteries and chargers

:lasergun:

:thanks:

if you ever need anything else, feel free to PM me whenever. glad to help people out

because if you read his signature he is a TROLL and needs to be banned......please hit the "!" mark under his name and report him with me

way better= ON spec for one, better quality hosts, parts, etc....... or in other words NOT JUNK.

will that 1000mw livnloud posted be able to light a match and burn/etch dark plastic or is laserbtb usually underspec?
thanks
Jordan

Big

will that 1000mw livnloud posted be able to light a match and burn/etch dark plastic or is laserbtb usually underspec?
thanks
Jordan

I wish I could give you the answer to that, and wish I had enough to spend on a LPM :p

Just got my HL 445nm 750mW from laserbtb last friday, and the batteries came today. If anyone on this thread wants information about it, I should have my review finished tonight :)

The 750mW from laserbtb instantly lights matches from point blank, and also burns the wood itself, you should be able to do that with a less powerful laser so even if the 1 watt is severely underspec you can still do those things you listed. If this is your first laser then get something that is far under 1 watt please...

@OP Go with a seller here -or- laserbtb, sellers on these forums will give you fair prices with good quality, laserbtb will give you cheap prices with fair quality.

Encap

Have you considered the PL E Pro 445nm 2W?

It only cost a little bit more than a 1.2W